• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

local computer shop scam. they clame better than dell

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fireandice

http://www.southgatecomputers.com/

they clame that system is better than dell. well mythbuster time. thats $1,318 for that system with a 19inch lcd. i have my buddys $980 XPS400 here ready for a face off. the dell system is cheaper and shurely that more expensive system should easly out proform this cheaper dell system i mean after all it is saying its better than dell or gateway.

why do i have a fealing that this dell is going to walk all over that little crappy system with no problem. i'll run all the typical bench's on the XPS and if they chose to take the challange i'll tell them what versions of the bench's im useing and post my scores here and have thm do the same. If i was a betting man i would put my money on the XPS and this fight lasting no longer than 1 round lol

yeah but look at that system. i hate dells but i think XPS are fine rigs. and if that system by some maricle of god beats the 400. then well have someone with the next XPS up run the benches lol. looking at there systems i can see they use really crappy parts.Asus A8V at $99! wow man i'll take 3 for a steal like that. nah wait i'll get mine for the egg for $52

fireandice said:
http://www.southgatecomputers.com/

they clame that system is better than dell. well mythbuster time. thats $1,318 for that system with a 19inch lcd. i have my buddys $980 XPS400 here ready for a face off. the dell system is cheaper and shurely that more expensive system should easly out proform this cheaper dell system i mean after all it is saying its better than dell or gateway.

why do i have a fealing that this dell is going to walk all over that little crappy system with no problem. i'll run all the typical bench's on the XPS and if they chose to take the challange i'll tell them what versions of the bench's im useing and post my scores here and have thm do the same. If i was a betting man i would put my money on the XPS and this fight lasting no longer than 1 round lol

It's idiotic marketing by an idiotic vendor geared to idiotic people with no computer savvy. You can't just say better than a Dell or Gateway. Dell and Gateway have more than one model. Some of the Dell XPS pc's are beasts.

It would be like me saying Sanyo Denki is better than Papst fans. They both make hundreds of models, and you need to compare an apple to an apple.

I run a Dell XPS 600 at work as a cad station. Its a beast. Dual 7900GT's, dual core 4.26ghz processor, and dual raptors, plus the ability to OC. I hate Dell, But I love this rig. Unfortunately, I can't find anything wrong with it yet. Mine would topple the computer the South Gate is offering.

yeah lets see if they wish to back up there clame if now im telling them to take that off there page. or reword it saying better than $200 dells at best or better the dells llowest end pc's and couse 5 times more.

tryng to take advantage of n00bs isent cool. heck my sempron rig set me back $400 when i got it and it would beat that rig there offering into the ground to lol.

but there local if they dont awnser my e mail i'll go into there store lmfao.

Silversinksam said:
It's idiotic marketing by an idiotic vendor geared to idiotic people with no computer savvy. You can't just say better than a Dell or Gateway. Dell and Gateway have more than one model. Some of the Dell XPS pc's are beasts.

It would be like me saying Sanyo Denki is better than Papst fans. They both make hundreds of models, and you need to compare an apple to an apple.

That's why I said - IMHO.

It's my opinion. XPS systems are just Dell wanna-be home-builds, without the building part. ;) You could build a better system on your own, than to give you $$$ to them. Dells are for people who don't know jack about the technology, whereas they get you there, for a price.

mr. roboto said:
Why are you buing it then if you're so convinced its not as good?

I'm not... The orignal poster "Fireandice" stated that another PC builder said they were better then a DELL. Which is completly understandable, that it is.

Joeteck said:
Dells are for people who don't know jack about the technology, whereas they get you there, for a price.

Arent we ignorant, have you ever owned a dell? have you ever bought a dell? or you just like to jump on the bandwagon with people with no clue and make yourself look bad.

Mr.Guvernment said:
Arent we ignorant, have you ever owned a dell? have you ever bought a dell? or you just like to jump on the bandwagon with people with no clue and make yourself look bad.

I used to be Tier 3 Tech support for Dell. I know they stink...

AGAIN.... Its my opinion......

Then I worked for a company that was a full Dell shop, and is why I got the job. I knew everything about them...

And how they sucked so badly...

Well look at their website. that alone should get people to clue in they aren't better than a cardboard box! But its sad that they are playing people like that.

Cheator said:
Well look at their website. that alone should get people to clue in they aren't better than a cardboard box! But its sad that they are playing people like that.

Alot of mom & pop shops are loosing business to Dell.

And to claim they're better than the leader in PC sales, is pretty interesting.

a Scrap-n-tosh is better than a DELL.... Just kidding. ;)

i been in there and they dont there a from a hole in the ground. prices are $$$$$$ and they to make low end crap seem like high end stuff. like a 6800xt. just cuz its got a xt on the end of the name dosent mean its better than a normal 6800 lol.

i hope they dont clame there better than dell. i hope they just clame there pc is better than dell's computers. either way theres alot of bs in that place like that.

Joeteck said:
I'm not... The orignal poster "Fireandice" stated that another PC builder said they were better then a DELL. Which is completly understandable, that it is.

yeah, I knew it wasnt you, but i misread the OP, i thouht he was buying it.

Well honestly, i dont think the computer shop will give you the time of day :(

fireandice said:
i been in there and they dont there a from a hole in the ground. prices are $$$$$$ and they to make low end crap seem like high end stuff. like a 6800xt. just cuz its got a xt on the end of the name dosent mean its better than a normal 6800 lol.

i hope they dont clame there better than dell. i hope they just clame there pc is better than dell's computers. either way theres alot of bs in that place like that.

Here is a phone call I just did to them...

mr. roboto said:
I wonder what case they use.

Yeah, an after thought on my part.... Sorry... But even if it were a thermaltake, still does not warrant a $999 price tag..

Mobo $92.99
CPU $90.00

Basic DDR2 RAM @ $138.99

The mobo support DDR2, but the advertisment states DDR... Web guy needs to be fired.

Back