• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus A7V133-C and Athlon 1,2 AXIA "Y" problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dream_god

So i have the following problem :
Asus A7V133-C
AXIA "Y" Athlon 1,2
Geforce 256 @ 139/211
300W PSU
->
overclocked to 1,4 (10,5x133 at 1,90V only :( ). Using Titan cooler
my temperature is 61C on full load :mad: . It won't go higher than 133MHz FSB :( !!! (crashes in 3DMark2000/2001). What seems to be the problem? I'm using bios version 1007 (the newest that suports AthlonXP). Is it my processor, my mobo or something else (I know that I must reach at least 1,5@150FSB with the AXIA "Y") ? :confused:

I have the same specs:

Asus A7V-133C
Athon 1.2
Asus V6800 @ default
300W PSU

Crash during 3DMark2001 when 10x@140 (OK @ 9.5x 140). About to try VCore @1.85V. Passes all other burn-in tests.

Not much help, but very curious...

well, that cooler is ok, but still i think it is a heat issue, i mean people underseimate the heat that an athlon puts off in ....um...NOT ALOT OF TIME. For any type of overclocking, on an athlon chip id recommend a top notch (that dont mean expensive) heat sink. They will just save you trouble in the long run. Thermalright SK6, Millenium Glaciator 1 or 2, Akasa Silver Mountain, id stick to what everyone else uses. Also regardless of what HS you get, lapp it with some sandpaper to get it flatter, therefore making better contact=better/more heat transfer. Also i hear that the thermal grease at Radio shack is ok, but ust to be safe id noe use anything under Artic Silver at least, id recommend Artic Silver 2, or something equal. For some reason if itis still hot maybe its your case temp keeping the cpu hot, try adding a case fan for intake (better one if needed) or some exhaust fans in back or a blowhole in top

10x for the advice, but here (Bulgaria) I can find "only" Alpha PEP + Delta Black Label + Arctic Silver Paste :):):). I just hope it's the temperature, cause I CAN'T GET THE FSB RUNNING STABLE OVER 134MHz :(:(:(. Otherways my processor was unlocked by default and it's an AXIA "Y" so it just has to reach 1,53GHz at least!!!

Back