• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New AM2 Folding.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AlabamaCajun

With all the Conroe hooplah out there the AM2s have been in a shroud of fog. Kudos for those of you Conroing your PPD :thup:

I just brought in a new Folder Sempy AM2. I just wanted in on DDR2 and a cheap layer. I uploaded my first work unit last night but I don't know what the PPD is yet until I have it folding 24/7. For the lowly ECS brand the board seems to be rich in general OC feartures except Volt adjustments which it has none. :bang head

I'm running Prime on it now after OCing it from 1.6G to 1.9G where I'll leave it to fold. This will bring me back up to 3 layers in the tower all with SSE and above. Now I want a 10 layer tower of DC AM2s :drool:

sounds like a plan...I've been having problems with my OC...on my 3500...
I set it in bios, reboot, it takes in bios, boot into windows, doesnt hold, like I can set htt at 250, and it'll only go up to 220...not a clue....

I'm waiting for DFI to get their AM2 ducks in a row... but it's good to see some AM2 goodness working for T32! Must share some ppd numbers along with overall cost of your layer so people can see the value ($$$/ppd) on the AM2 budget platform.

dz_jad said:
sounds like a plan...I've been having problems with my OC...on my 3500...
I set it in bios, reboot, it takes in bios, boot into windows, doesnt hold, like I can set htt at 250, and it'll only go up to 220...not a clue....

BIOS update prolly. Similar thing with my DFI Ultra D. :(

Mobo with instant rebate $45 ECS RS485M-M Matx
Sempi $60 Sempron 3000 Manila
Ram $38 (2x256) PQI DDR533 Power Memory Aeneon chips(Infineons value ram)

PPD Priceless (I'm still messing with it so I have not folded for 24 yet to get results. Current OC 242 and rising!

*edit: Price on mobo changed from $64 to $45, forgot about the instant rebate.

Last edited:
Well what are you waiting for?! Get us some ppd numbahs! BTW, that's an awesome price, I might have to pick me up one:D

AC, wtf! ;) AMD's shall rise again!

#su
$ cd
$ ./threadjack.exe

In other AMD news, I just recieved an Asus k8n-dl bought off ebay from purecountry, of 2cpu.com. He lives 20 minutes away so we met in Victorville for the delivery of the goods. Very cool to meet a fellow ebayer/2cpu.com member/folder.

$ exit

:D

$chpwd ************** j/k :D

Now running at 250 HTT @ 2G. Ram still holding at 3-3-3-9 CMD1 and a little over 4800mbs passing my old P4 2.6C :burn: *Sempron*

*price correction I fergot about the instant 20 buck rebate

WarriorII said:
Oooooo. I bet it plays solitare pretty quick too. :p ;)

very nice.

Fold On !
:attn:

I'm getting Ambers on this rig which is keeping the PPD about 160 as it finishes one of them in a little over 23 hours. My P4 1.8 at work used to take almost 3 days :p

[badpun]
Can you "Fold" in solitare? :p
[/badpun]

Last edited:
Ah! a fellow ECS board owner!(doh)

AC, how do you monitor your temps? I started a thread here but haven't gotten any responses. I contacted ECS regarding this issue, and their reply was short & sweet-"there is no temp monitoring software for ECS motherboards".

I tried SpeedFan and MBM5, but they don't work.

any ideas?

I have been using Everast the lastest edition. I'm ready to sell off my BFG board and buy an ECS SLI board with an X2 :drool:

If people are worried about the onboard video eating up folding. I doubt that it has much of an effect with AMD procs with the onboard memory controller. Also ATI has UMA which is a 32M buffer for video that is similar to the turbo cache board wher it only bugs the system ram when running graphics programs. Set screensaver to black screen for best performance (all systems).

Last edited:
AlabamaCajun said:
I have been using Everast the lastest edition. I'm ready to sell off my BFG board and buy an ECS SLI board with an X2 :drool:

The ECS board I have is a C19-A SLI; I like this board, haven't OC'd it because at the moment it only has a stock hsf. It sure is a sweet little folder tho'. :)

I tried Everast, but was getting wild variations in reported cpu temp(14c~53c) :confused:

I looked at the cpu cool link...are they wantin' money? From meee??? :eek:

ihrsetrdr said:
The ECS board I have is a C19-A SLI; I like this board, haven't OC'd it because at the moment it only has a stock hsf. It sure is a sweet little folder tho'. :)

I tried Everast, but was getting wild variations in reported cpu temp(14c~53c) :confused:

I looked at the cpu cool link...are they wantin' money? From meee??? :eek:
That is one good think about the sempron, it gets enough cooling with a stocker but I did cheat and put the fan in updraft/suck mode. I'm starting to look at the dualies in the 65w versions but they may be a little pricey. But if I can pull an extra 600mhz out of a 3800, 4000 or 4200 then it might just be worth it.

Back