• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Some E6600 results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rcmorr0924

Specs are

[email protected] "9x355" 1:1 ram ratio
7950gx2 "stock clocks"
2 gigs G.skill DDR2 800

This was done on a mostly fresh instal of XP home, not tweaked in anyway. I am not even sure I oced my cpu correctly, but I think I did.

3dmark03
3d0332xx9.jpg

Aquamark03
aqua32ghzxm1.png

3dmark05
3d0532kk8.jpg

I will run 01, and 06 later.

great speed you got there. i just can't wait untill mine ships lol. (im going on holiday. it'll hopefuly ship while im there)

I oced my card a bit now, and I get 169k in aquamark3 and 9055 in 3dmark06. I also took my ram off 1:1 and put it to 4:5, and now have a super pi 1M time of 15.9 seconds.

I am stable at 3.2ghz at 1.4volts and my load temp is a whole 35C

My 7950gx2 is at 530/650 with a load temp of 70C which suprised me, I am VERY happy, I can push this further also if I wanted.

Wow those cpu temps just get me excited every time I think about them. Any chance you could run PCmark04 and 05?

Wow, what way to make me happy :D... I'm not even getting those load temps with my Ultra 120 on my Northwood (mind you the case is under a desk right now, so it'll be better when moved). What are your ambients btw?

Thanks for posting the results!

Pcmark wanted to much stuff installed, so I said no thanks to it. And my ambient temps are around 28/29 for the cpu, and like 38 for the mobo with a NB of 1.6v

Unless the clock was not set right, somebody stayed up all night to do this. ;)

Good stuff. Are you going to try and go farther?

Is there a "noticable" improvement in the graphics in games?
What did you upgrade from?
I'm watching the prices on this Intel stuff but I'm not willing to spend all that kind of money if all there is is big benchmark numbers.

Thanks Gauntam, your advice was great!

About the games, the graphics are not really "better looking" but the performance is huge. I am sure alot of the performance I am experiencing is due tot he 7950, but still, in older games like Renegade that is more cpu depenant I can see a huge difference, I was in a 30 player server with all high details playing with 300+ fps 80% of the time haha.

I upgraded from an A64 3200+ @2.6ghz
and a 6800 non ultra

The performance difference is not even close, everything is so fast and fluid, I love it.

And btw I stayed up to 9am thank you very much :) I had just put the pc together before I had to go to work, and I didn't get off till 1am, I had to see what this new baby can do :)

And about pushing it further? I dont think I will for now, Hell I was happy with the performance at 2.4ghz, 3.2ghz is amazing, I feel no need to go faster.

And here is one ss
clocksjt6.jpg

Back