• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

not satiscfied, celly 900@990! HELP! :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RisrullarN

ive got a major problem :( i cant get this thing to run @ 124 or 133 fsb!

cpu+converter and mobo :

im using a ppga > fcpga converter on a ABIT BP6 mobo w/ a celly 900 (9x100) cDO stepped.

the cooling : big heatsink (bigger than a fop) and a 80mm attached on it.. load temp@990mhz is 32*C!

memory : tried different modules, same result, now running 256 mosel vitelic guaranteed to do cas2.

video card : asus 6800 (gf 256 ddr) have tried to run it @ 1/1 (110mhz) without any problem

harddrive : NEC 15.1GB 5400 RPM (tried both running with ata66 and ordinary IDE) This hdd had no problem running@83fsb which gives me a pci freq. above 41.

all PCI card has been removed but that didnt help either!

I dont know what more to do! :(( i have tried like... everything!
it posts fine@1120 (124) and 1197(133) but it fails to boot, either it crashes or it just shuts down. IF I manage to boot into windows, it crashes immediatly (only had this 'luck' twice)
if i run soft fsb or other software utility it crashes with a black screen and a green lines occure on the upper part of the screen!
i have tried upping the voltage all the way to 1.95v (def. 1.75v) and tried changing socket and tried setting the hdd to slowest option and tried setting all memory settings to slowest and trying with agp 1x without fastwrites&sidebanding! nowadays.. i HATE THIS #)#Q%R/¤/"=!¤... :////

someone ? if u guys solve this problem.. OMG! i would be SOOO greatful ! i've posted here before with the same problem but i thought it was the memory that failed but it wasnt! :(( thx alot for all the help!! love u and love this forum!!

P.S. Sorry 'bout my english! D.S

Try using AGPBus of 2/3 not 1/1.. Your vid card could be crapping out at those high FSB at 1/1..

Then try turning it up .. Put your voltage down abit.. Voltage is only meant to be cranked when you need stablity or need more voltage to post.

yes, im running @ 2/3 agp... i dont know what kinda slocket it use.. just a converter from ppga > fcpga..

2/3 of 133 is not even close to 110 so that isnt the problem either. all memory settings set to slowest!

I am also using a BP6 and was actually considering buying a 900 this week with hopes of running at FSB 133 or 124 at the least. I have heard and read that the BP6 does not always like to run at 124 or 133 FSB but I've never tested it at higher speeds than 110 myself. I may take a p3 133FSB chip home from work tonight and do a little testing before I buy.

The adapter you are using is probably made by powerleap and the neoS370. It does not hinder overclocking at all. Your temp

Maybe you just need to crank the voltage up and do a burn-in for a few days/weeks.

Back