• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X-Fi Music for games?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SoA

Registered
I've heard some talk about X-fi's Music version isent that all great for games... any truth in that? For games only would Audigy 4 Pro top that of the X-fi?

I always thought that the "Extreme Music" version was the same as the rest of them, the exceptions being the front bay inputs on the higher end models and the Fatality versions added memory, so in my opinion the X-Fi music version would still be better than the Audigy 4 for games.

X-FI does a great job for games. Their isn't a huge difference between x-fi setups. The memory on fatal1ty does help. I would still go x-fi over audigy

The X-fi in general has a problem on nFroce4 mobos, I my self have experienced this in the form of "popping/crackling" in certain games. Again... this isn't only the music experiencing these problems but the whole x-fi line up. Creative has formally acknowledged they know of the issue but thus far have made little progress on the issue.

Calling the X-Fi extreme music a music card was a serious mistake IMO, it seems to market that the product specializes in music applications, which it surely does not. The extreme music is a gaming card through and through, but it does well with music too.

kbtat2 said:
They just released drivers which, according to tons of posts, has fixed that issue.

"Just released"? The only drivers I am seeing are the ones released on july 3rd of 06 (Which I am using btw). If that is the case then I can honestly say the drivers fixed nothing for many of the people on other sites,forums, blogs, etc....

so wait wait wait - I'm running on ASUS A8N-e - nForce 4 - are u saying I'm better of with the Audigy 4 (pro)?

Check with your Asus... they may have updated their bios to accommodate for the x-fi. They won't state it directly so you will have to do some searching. If they do... go for it. If they don't... then take the chance. I can only hear problems in BF2 and they are very minor at that.

Back