• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7300GS temperatures

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Cheator said:
This thing is idling at 64C. It has no fan but still, is that normal? She is a Gigabyte version

Least now I know which one NOT to get :)

But seriously you might want to take off the heatsink, scrub the chip with a q-tip and alcohol, and apply some Artic Silver thermal paste and reseat the heatsink. I got Artic silver with my water-cooling kit so I do that with all my video cards. I might be getting a 7300 GS on Monday and I can tell you more about temps. How does it perform?

rainless said:
Least now I know which one NOT to get :)

But seriously you might want to take off the heatsink, scrub the chip with a q-tip and alcohol, and apply some Artic Silver thermal paste and reseat the heatsink. I got Artic silver with my water-cooling kit so I do that with all my video cards. I might be getting a 7300 GS on Monday and I can tell you more about temps. How does it perform?

It performs well for a cheap *** card. I would recomend the x1300pro only cause its a little more and plenty more powerful

IMO gigabyte offers the best pre installed passive cooling of any graphics card rebrander. However the best passive cooling will go to waste if you have bad airflow in your case. Do you have a 120mm fan in the bottom front of your computer near the hdd? If not get one. I have a passive gigabyte card myself, not that card mind you, but if I have no airflow on it the card will idle around 60 but with one fan blowing on it the thing goes down to 40.

Also if you really want to cool that card down and have a pci slot or two open I can show you a ghetto mod that will cost you next to nothing and reduce temps massively. Just tell me if you want to see it.

The case is open with no fans in it. It is just for a coworker so i am not going all out. This is also withn a fairly high ambient temperature since I don't have AC. I will see if i can do what you suggested though.

Oh ya also take off the metal pci slot cover (I don't know if this is the right name for it) from the slot below the graphics card (from the metal case) to allow air to escape after being blown accross the graphics card.

that prob could have been posted more coherently as two sentences, but I don't really feel like fixing it. If you dont understand what I am trying to say I will edit it.

BossBorot said:
Oh ya also take off the metal pci slot cover (I don't know if this is the right name for it) from the slot below the graphics card (from the metal case) to allow air to escape after being blown accross the graphics card.

that prob could have been posted more coherently as two sentences, but I don't really feel like fixing it. If you dont understand what I am trying to say I will edit it.

Thats works well for my 7600GS. I got around 3C off after taking off the PCI metal bracket.

lol i got a 80mm fan setting on thumb screws , setting on the bottom of my case and after about 2 hours of HL2 only gets up to about 55c

Back