• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel Retail Edge 2006!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

d94

$30 a phone
Intel Retail Edge 2006!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Purchase Program is coming soon! Qualified Program membersˆ should seize this opportunity, as supplies are limited.

8,000 Chips are needed to qualify for a bundle, while supplies last. 12,000 Chips are required to guarantee your opportunity to purchase a bundle. Don't wait! This year's program launches October 17th, 2006.

This year's bundle will consist of the following:

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor E6300
Intel® Desktop Board DG965WH
Microsoft* Windows Vista* Ultimate
All for the low, low price of $220!

How to Earn Chips:Current Challenges:
1,000 Chips

Past Challenges:
500 Chips

Current Articles:
250 Chips

Past Articles:
125 Chips

Visits to Retail Edge:
100 Chips (maximum of 400 Chips per month and 100 per day

Toolbox downloads:
200 Chips (maximum of 400 Chips per month)

Live Events Survey:
1,000 Chips

Note: Bonus Chips offered for certain activities will be reflected in your Chips total upon completion.

YOU HAVE 13580 CHIPS.

Last year the FAQ were:

Q:Linkage!?
A:http://206.196.16.81/

Q:How do I get in on this?
A;You must be part of intel retail edge program.

Q:How do I become part of the intel retail edge?
A:Work at a retail store that is on Intel's Retail Edge program. (ie: Walmart, Bestbuy)

Q:If I join now can i make enough points to get the package?
A:Yea, you can. If you made an account today you could qualify (not guarntee) yourself a coupon. If you joined today you'd get just over 8k i think. Over the next few months you will get more chips as more articles and challenges come out

Q:How long does it take per challenge/article?
A:About 5mins each for myself, assuming you actually read it, otherwise 25seconds of educated guessing.

I would really like to know how this turn's out work's as I thought about posting it also after seeing it @ the H/

From what I understand, you need to work at one of the listed intel approved retailers and by completing surveys or other activities you earn enough points to purchase the listed HW for 220

Good thing i work at staples and can win this. But i am kinda ****ed my points from last year didn't carry over. I purposly wanted to hold onto them cause i didn't want there 820/920 (can't remember which) package and wanted to wait for this year cause i figured they'd offer a conroe chip...

Wonder if i should email them or not, cause i really don't wanna start off with 0 points again lol... had like 11k last time.

stang8118 said:
Good thing i work at staples and can win this. But i am kinda ****ed my points from last year didn't carry over. I purposly wanted to hold onto them cause i didn't want there 820/920 (can't remember which) package and wanted to wait for this year cause i figured they'd offer a conroe chip...

Wonder if i should email them or not, cause i really don't wanna start off with 0 points again lol... had like 11k last time.
wow.. you should email them. 11k...dang...

can I borrow like 8k of those :p ?

stang8118 said:

isnt the e6300 an allendale not a conroe?

The points are a year to year thing. They always reset at 0 whether you use them or not.

Yeah, not everyone can get this. A small number of people actually. Picky picky people they are.

can i work at bestbuy for one day and then quit? i mean... this is stupid how unfair it is... what's so good about working at bestbuy as opposed to not? you don't have more knowledge of CPUs just cuz you're a bb employee... this doesn't make much sense to me...

g0dM@n said:
can i work at bestbuy for one day and then quit? i mean... this is stupid how unfair it is... what's so good about working at bestbuy as opposed to not? you don't have more knowledge of CPUs just cuz you're a bb employee... this doesn't make much sense to me...
you have to be employed at the time of purchase and have the chips, so no loop holes. Intel will call the store you work at and find out, cuz my boss told me past 2 times.

I actually got that email on Saturday. I will be in for two, my gf works retail, and so do I, so we both qualify. FYI though, by the time you get the package, within a month, normally its the same price. Its a good deal now, but in a few months it will be average.

g0dM@n said:

You actually have to work in certain departments too. For best buys last time I checked it's only Geek Squad and comp. sales.

I have a friend who runs a Mac now, and is able to pick this stuff up when it's available. I'm going to see if he could get me one.

It's a really cheap upgrade over what I'm running right now.

i work at a business that I do computer work at. We are not a computer based company that sells computers or anything, just use them in order to get our job and orders done. I am in charge of tech support, purchasing of new pcs and equipment, and maintenance. Simliar to a IT manager but without the nice pay :( think I can get in on this? My boss would be done for answering the phone call from the intel guys, just dont know if it would fly.

Back