• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

x1900xtx ugly noise coming from cpu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ryantt

Guys iam having this prob ,that iam hearing this bad noise coming from the cpu of the card,and is on hardcore 3d games and also when i do pcmark 04 and i gets to the blocks droping down ,i have exchange cards and psu and still same...........

Here is a link of this big thread about it .........

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33843512

Are you sure it's the GPU emiting the sound? I'm pretty sure those sounds are caused by the PSU when it's heavily loaded.

dan

Dan0512 said:
Are you sure it's the GPU emiting the sound? I'm pretty sure those sounds are caused by the PSU when it's heavily loaded.

dan

Yeah my comp is wc very quite and when i put my head inside my case:) and put my ear by vid card ,is coming from vid card ,i even use one of those doctor things that u put on ur ear, hehe ,and yes is from vid card, also change psu and same.. i made my comp wc for oc and quiteness and that noise is driving me crazy specially when i fly an 8hr flight time on a 747 on fs2004 :)

thanks..

Well, you can always get rid of the stock cooler and install a third party cooling solution. The Accelero X2 from Arctic does a good jod at cooling your GPU whith a LOT less noise. With a bit of luck I think you can find it just under 20$.

yep, my master card "sings" when pushed hard, but this only seemed to happen on my Aopen/Yonah rig...

so far i havent heard a peep out of it in my ASUS/Conroe rig

(but i have sooooo many fans there is a good possibility they are drowning the "whine" out)

HELLO!!!!? CAN YOU HEAR ME!!!?
pict0286au9.th.jpg
LOL :p

Back