• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where can I Buy X6800 today?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mgoode

The egg doesn't have them and I called them they were like DuHH.. whats a Conroe? Any reputable online retailers(Besides TigerDirect) out there where I get X6800. I thought today was the day. Hmmm smells like a paper launch again.

http://www.atacom.com/program/print...3857_66_255_156_230&Item_code=CPUX_IP77_C2_8B

http://www.clubit.com/product_detail.cfm?itemno=CA1938411

I don't know if its actually in stock at ATACOM, but wow $899.95 is an incredible price. Fry's should have started selling them today also if you got one nearby, but I doubt they carry anything past the E6600.

There a reason you want the E6800 though? I see you got a FX60 and a good WC'ing setup, so price may not be an issue. I just think you'll get a bigger OC and almost as good performance with a E6600 if you can clock it up to 3.6 stable. Which if you have a waterblock for your NB, a P5W DH, and good ram you stand a good chance of.

The "day" was supposed to be the 27th for the X6800. :bang head This is a definite paper launch, Fry's has none.

So far it seems like ClubIT is the only choice, but the price is jacked way up for an OEM. Don't trust ATACom but I'm placing an order anyways.

I can't. I want a retail X6800, and have been looking since the announced date of 7/27. Show me where I can buy one now and I will.

As you said, ClubIT does have it and you can buy it now. Not being worth the price they charge is a different story.

It's an OEM. Might as well be a system pull. I did say retail...normally I wouldn't care, but if they're going to be @#$@#'s with the price like that, I'd better get a warranty and a heatsink.

I defintely agree, no way in hell I'd shell out a grand and not get retail and full warranty.

I need a retail x6800 too. I also need a P5W DH, and that I can't find anywhere decent. So I guess I'll have to wait.

Daleon said:
http://www.atacom.com/program/print...3857_66_255_156_230&Item_code=CPUX_IP77_C2_8B

http://www.clubit.com/product_detail.cfm?itemno=CA1938411

I don't know if its actually in stock at ATACOM, but wow $899.95 is an incredible price. Fry's should have started selling them today also if you got one nearby, but I doubt they carry anything past the E6600.

There a reason you want the E6800 though? I see you got a FX60 and a good WC'ing setup, so price may not be an issue. I just think you'll get a bigger OC and almost as good performance with a E6600 if you can clock it up to 3.6 stable. Which if you have a waterblock for your NB, a P5W DH, and good ram you stand a good chance of.

Daleon, I am giving the Wife my FX60 she's into Oblivion and she saw it running on my machine the went to play it hers and.... well like I said I am giving the FX60 to the wife. I want the unlocked multi and figure I might as well just get it over with, instead of buying a 6400 , then a 6600, then a 6700 I'll just get the 6800 and be done with it:)

Thanks for the replies. I am scared of going with ATA or clubIT as I have read horror stories about both. I hate places were you can't tell if it's in stock. If no one has a retail version as far as I am concerned it a Paper Launch!!! July my A**!!

Call ClubIt and ask them. If you don't get through (rings forever), call a few times. I ordered my 6400 last Thursday and it was shipped Friday.

Granted it's not the X6800, which is why I'd call them first. You'll get a live person when they answer so it's worth a shot.

mgoode said:
Thanks for the replies. I am scared of going with ATA or clubIT as I have read horror stories about both. I hate places were you can't tell if it's in stock. If no one has a retail version as far as I am concerned it a Paper Launch!!! July my A**!!
Agree with you on all counts. UglyChild, there is absolutely no selling of any items outside of the classifieds. And even then, the item must be in hand.

ClubIT Price: $1,149.99
OH BS!!

I'm waiting for retail, that's a rip-off.

Edit: Oh Snap! It's coming out at the computer store down the street from me in 24 hours! :D

Back