• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UT07' question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
After some googling I found this on freakygaming.com:

UT2007 Graphics evolution
The most visible technological improvements in UT2007 come from the move to Unreal Engine 3. Environments now spring to life with rich shaders, and per-pixel lighting. All those fancy pixel programs require atleast a DirectX 9 compatible graphics card to be run at all.

First words on UT2007 requirements
We have preliminary system requirements for UT2007 which according to the german gaming magazine PC Games Hardware comes from a source inside Epic Games. The Requirements are very high by todays standard, but hardware has got some time to get better & cheaper before the games estimated release, fall 2006.

It will be intresting to see benchmarks from UT2007, to see how much processing power the Unreal Eninge 3.0 will require from our CPU's and graphic cards.

Preliminary UT2007 System Requirements

Minimum Requirements
CPU: 2.8Ghz
RAM: 512MB
Graphics: Geforce 6 series

Recommended System
CPU: 3-4Ghz
RAM: 1024MB
Graphics: NVIDIA 6800GT/Ultra or 7800GT/GTX SLI

UT2007 Technical features and requirements
* Dual-core CPU: Multi-threading is supported and should provide much better performance
* 64-bit version to be available with better textures
* Renderers: SM3.0, 2.0, possible DX8 renderer
* HDR supported
* Physics: Novodex Physics Engine
* AGEIA PhysX PPU supported.

Keep in mind that these are not official requirements from Epic, nor final. What we know is that the game will take advantage of technologies such as dual core processors, AGEIA compatible Physics chips and Shader Model 3.0.

Thilo Bayer, Editor-in-Chief PCG Hardware, adds:
As I clarified in a seperate e-mail with Mark Rein, we have some misunderstanding in the term "minimum specs". We mean "minimum specs for high in game detail" which is not the same as bare "minimum specs" so that the game runs at all.

Statements from Epic about requirements & performance

At E3 2005, Epic's Tim Sweeney suggested an NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra level card for decent frame rates at 1024x768 resolution.

According to Mark Rein, VP of Epic, Nvidia 7800 GTX runs Unreal Tournament 2007 significantly faster than the Geforce 6800 generation of cards.
Source: Inquirer

From the looks of it and how it mentions using DX9 cards, I am sure it will run on systems with DX9 as well, meaning probably Windows XP.

Even Microsoft says that Flight Simulator X, even though optimized for Vista will still run on XP.

You may get better results in the gaming section though. I will see if I can get a moderator to move this over to gaming for you. :cool:

epic games had it running backstage at e3, open only to select members of the press, and it was running on current gen hardware.

Hmm... they must have some amazing coding for it to run that well on those specs. My system barely runs oblivon satisfactory and from what I've seen Crysis will crush most computers. To see a game looking as good as UT2K7 running smoothly on today's hardware is really impressive.

Back