• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Router suggestion, non-wireless

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pejsaboy

Ok, I need a good suggestion for a router. I don't own wireless cards, and don't plan on it in the forseeable future. I'm not against wireless, just don't need it. So, I figure I don't need a wireless router either. If I HAVE to get a wireless router to find a good one I can, but I don't think it's going to come down to that. A regular 4-port wired router will be fine, I have a 4-port hub if I need more connections than that. I'd like to spend <$50-60 if possible. Thanks!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16833122008

Netgear 4 port 10/100 with a GUI firewall. Not a bad little device, I have the sister model DG834 at my GF's .. same thing, just built in DSL port (get that model if you exclusively use DSL) and it's bullproof, easy firmware updates, easy all GUI config. Solid little router for the price range you looking at. The one I linked is the WAN port model though, will work with Cable or DSL assuming you have the modem already.

And right now Newegg has free shipping on all netgear products. The only people that gave this router poor ratings are the dip*****s that were to dumb to figure out how to use it. They work, and well for the money.

Here is a link ot the model I have at my GF's if your a DSL user;
http://www.netgear.com/Products/RoutersandGateways/WiredRouters/DG834.aspx

It is a few bucks more, but well worth it to eliminate the bottleneck, point of failure, and static route of most ISP provided POS DSL modems.

Last edited:
well, just broke down and bought a WRT54G at walmart... same price as on the Egg, and I didn't have to wait. not a GL, and unfortunately a V5, but so far its working without a hitch.

Back