• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

G.Skill Notebook Ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mooreswhat

Hey,

I am currently in the market for a notebook. I am going to buy a barebone and do the rest myself, no other way IMO. I am going to go with merom when I can get it and DDR2 ram etc etc

I plan on getting 2GB of ram but most of the 2gb kits don't seem very attractive. I found some G.Skill 1Gb sticks on the egg and they are very well priced.

What do you guys think of this: G.Skill 1gb ddr 667

I would be buying 2 of them to run in dual channel, are they good? Know of any better ram for notebooks?

Also does anyone know a store that stocks these and ships to canada?

Thanks

As far as notebook RAM is concerned, it's pretty much like a desktop now adays. Notebook memory uses similar IC's and the high perf cats like G.Skill, OCZ and GEIL build there notebook modules as well as there desktop units.

I think that you would have no probs with the memory that you selected.

Can't help you with the Canadian stores, however, sorry.

K thanks, does anyone know where I can guy these g.skills and have them ship to canada? anitec.ca has them but they are ridiculously overpriced.

If not whats a good alternative to these?

Back