• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sharper LCD image

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Andreal

Registered
Hi there everyone, I just recieved my dell 2007wfp monitor which i bought with the help of this forum. I must say it is a very sleek, nicely designed monitor. My only problem is that I have never really set up a LCD (or screen really for that matter) and I cant quite get the image to look as sharp as I would like. I have installed the latest graphics card drivers but beyond that I dont know what to do. Some of my image edges seem jaggered while others seem fine, so im pretty confused. Also, I know about responce times and all and im not worried about that but as far as the picture quality goes, can I expect the same as my old CRT? And last of all some of my fonts look a little screwy, especially when they get small, i dont know if that might have something to do with the jaggered edges or not though. Thanks for any help!

Hello Andreal and welcome to the forums! :welcome:

Image quality settings are independent of the monitor you use. What video card do you have and what drivers are you using? There is nothing special that needs to be done.

Since ATI and NVIDIA cards have their own control panel, it would be great if you could list out your card.

A few things to be done would include:
-Increasing the Anti aliasing and anisotropic filtering.
-Changing fonts to "clear-type"
-Increasing the pixel resolution to 32 bpp

Hope you stick around. :)

Best regards,

S-N

Hey thanks for the quick replys! I do use the native resolution, and my graphics card is a nVidia 7600GT. I enabled cleartype and that makes the fonts look much nicer thanx. I have no idea what you mean by 32bpp though sorry, is that the Color quality setting? Because that is set to 32 bit.

Thanx again for help so far!

I downloaded the patch deepscience but when I went to install it is said something about it being for revision A00 and my monitor is A02, i didnt want to install it incase it messed with something I didnt understand.

Also I went to the auto configure thing on the nvidia control panel and the first thing it said was to locate the auto adjust button on my monitor. I couldnt find it and so i went to the manuel and it said that there is only a auto adjust feature under VGA but i am using the DVI port and so its not there. Should I proceed with the auto configure even though I dont have a auto adjust button?

Thanx for all the suggestions, its looking MUCH better, now I just want to tweak it to perfection :)

Is there anything that might be generating interference in the signal? Maybe try moving your computer/monitor to a differnet spot or turning off your speakers if they are unshielded.

Andreal said:
I downloaded the patch deepscience but when I went to install it is said something about it being for revision A00 and my monitor is A02, i didnt want to install it incase it messed with something I didnt understand.

A00 is just a revision number, many people that had A00 revisions had slight banding issues, Revision A02 corrected this banding issue.

Like Supernade mentioned, try Cleartype http://www.microsoft.com/typography/ClearTypeInfo.mspx

Back