• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

half life 2 ep 1... worth getting?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

boris_37

Well here i am finally re-finishing(since i quit at... part 9 or 10 last time) of half life 2. I just started loving it the further i got in but im sitting here pondering. Is half life 2 episode 1 worth picking up?

i got mine on sale for $18 (few $ off) but it'll be worth getting when they fix the crashing

I picked it up for $7.99, and it's just sitting on my shelf until I finish HL2. It's worth buying if you didn't get HL2: GOTY, since it comes bundled with HL2: Deathmatch.

Krome said:
I picked it up for $7.99, and it's just sitting on my shelf until I finish HL2. It's worth buying if you didn't get HL2: GOTY, since it comes bundled with HL2: Deathmatch.

sigh i got hl2 GOTY cause i was one of the several thousand people stuck with a steam that didnt work. Problem? None of the cd keys got inputted correctly, they informed after the fact while the forums were being swamped and raped by people being angry.

How hard is it for a company who knew of the problem all weekend(or didn't) to come on, post a sticky and say, "We are aware of the problem, we are sure it will be fixed monday morning" instead of having thousands of angry customers... some of the stories i could share from the boards ooohhh boy

worth playing if you been playing half-life series. deff gotta get i paid 14.99 for mine well worth it :) love half-life series.. cant wait for ep 2

I haven't actually played it like I said. My cousin bought it [to get Deathmatch], and the Modified GGun is awesome from what I could tell.

I guess I'd say it's worth buying, even though it is short...it's still new play time on Half life 2 :) I'm definitely going to buy EP2 if that helps. (But I am going to hope for a sweet deal like I got with Ep1)

Niku-Sama said:
i got mine on sale for $18 (few $ off) but it'll be worth getting when they fix the crashing

What Crashing? You may have a hardware instability if the game keeps crashing on you.

No crashes here with EP1

Gotta say definatly sweet, it was worth the money. Besides the fact they added the HDR to the storyline mode as well.

It leaves you wanting more thats for sure, and EP2 will solve that hopfully with Portal and TF2 :)

Back