• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help?!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CrackerD|ce

The beginning of the problem can be seen here:
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=471817
Yet after shutting down for a little while I went to crank my comp. back on. Nothing, no signal or anything... I didn't touch anything, and my temps were staying fine the whole time. I haven't taken anything apart because I am doing this while watching a movie, and the movie is pretty good. If anyone can help I appreciate it in advance.
Crack.

Could it be that my video card crapped out? Reason being is my dvd burner is acting normal everything is running, and I've tried different monitors seperately. It is acting like windows is booted up, and I have pressed enter to get log on, no pass needed, and it makes the sound (reason i think it's the vid.) Just wondering why it took this long and like why it decided to do it after playing BF2.

If it goes to the login screen, its not the GFX card. the login screen and windows run on the same 2d "Graphics" engine. so if it was the GFX card, you wouldn't be able to login.

If your GFX card is as listed in your sig, its kinda outdated anyway :-/

Get a X800 to hold you down until you get a DX10 card, that is if your going over to vista.

heh I forgot to repost, everything is good. But yea I want a new card. The problem was user induced. Meaning my dumb @SS went ahead and kept plugging in one cable thinking it was the other monitor. I finially figured it out when I looked at one cable and said dang I'm an idiot. Thanks, and my next check will allow for a new card so that's when I will really be looking.

Last edited:
yea, and with the x800 holdin me over, is saphire straight? That's what I use now and I've been happy, only other card I've used is ATI but they are pricy.

Back