• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

northbridge cooling advice for p5nd2 mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tanman87

Hey everyone,
I'm planning on liquid cooling the chipset on my p5nd2 mobo. I've noticed on so of the compatibility charts for water blocks that there could be some interferance problems with the graphics card or other components around the northbridge. Those of you that have cooled the nb on this mobo, i'm wondering which water block you used. Thanks!

First of all, welcome to the forums!
Second of all, give us more than 2 minutes to respond, it takes patience to get good information.
Third of all, any NB block should be fine, I know that the Swiftech block fits from personal experience.

haha well to be exact it was 12hrs and 2min, check the am and pm by the times. no big deal though. that's the one i was leaning towards but the compatability list on its site said there might be problems. just wanted to hear from those that have put a block on theirs. thanks man

hey thanks jkresh. sounds like a winner. still listening if anyone else has something to add

your welcome, if I watercool my p5w dh (with the heatpipes sound wont be an issue but temp might) I will use that block, as it looks to have a much better mounting mechanism then the swiftech (though it is a bit more expensive).

Back