• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS AMD AM2 M2N32 Sli advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

paupton

I am in the process of upgrading to this platform. The m2n32 has some issues that you need to be aware of. You MUST set the proper voltage, T1 or T2 and Mhz of the memory or you will get plent of BSOD. I also have not as yet set my memory to the rated spec in the bios. I will try this slowly. This board does not accept AUTO very well. I got a boot, bios access, loading Win XP to various levels and then BSOD. When I entered the memory settings in the bios it is working fine. There are at least 50 settings to sort thru and get acquainted with. I think this will be a great oc board.
Happy for now.

do you think you could email me some drivers? i order an openbox from newegg and all they gave me was the board. i'm using XP64 and i could really use a sound driver and a wireless driver. And if anyone knows where to get an sli connector (i'm assuming they're all the same...), i could really use that. thnx for any help in advance.

drivers

I live in south louisiana. if your close I will make a copy of my cd and mail it to you overnight or something. let me know. pm me and i'll give you my contact info and we can talk.

It would be nice to amass some bios settings for this board. I have the full meal deal as well. I must say since I have been out of the overclocking loop for a while I have no clue where to start in the bios with tweaks

I am currently using the AI overclocking option and system is running a solid 2.42 from stock 2.2 X2 4200. This is peanuts as I am aiming more to the 2.9 range which is completely do-able with this chip.

But I must say from the get go this board has been super solid I have not had an issue with it since I completed it and I also have a pair of 7600GT's in SLI. Scored over 10,600 in 3D05 with all parts at their default speeds, so I know it is running proper.

I like you guys am looking for tweaks. I am using Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C4 2GB Kit DDR2-800 XMS2-6400 Xtreme Performance. Memory seems to be crucial so make sure you have good stuff that is recommended for the board from what I found.

Be nice to see what is working for others in the bios to overclock. I am looking forward to tackiling this little task

i hadn't realized RAM was that big a deal so i just went with 2x1gig sticks of ocz gold pc2-6400's, but i'm clueless when it comes to RAM settings. if anyone knows a goo guide, speak up. with AIibooster my "orleans" 3800 will get to 2.7. my computer keeps locking up with anything past that, which i blame on ram. BTW im using a zalman cnps9500. once i get windows actually working properly , i'll try to post what i do with BIOS.

drivers disc

h3y ch33s3 puff....
the drivers disc along with the intervideo suite is on the way. I mailed them this morning at USPS. Should be there by Tuesday at latest. Let me know when they arrive and if they work for you.
I have Geil 6400 memory and am not having very good luck with it. This was all that was available when I bought. I am going to move to Corsair.
Memory is very important on this board.
later

Back