• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Firmware for the D-Link DI-624

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rpwinters

Well, I went and did the stupid thing, trusted the release notes for a new firmware (Rev. 2.75) for my Rev. C router. It is supposed to improve performance and fix security issues. I downloaded it, flashed it from my lap-top and the router restarted. Everything worked fine. I changed everything back to my settings from the default and rebooted the router. I checked my desktop connection and I see my signal strength went from very good to very low.

So I am hopeing someone has the Rev. 2.5 for Hardware Rev. C. Please post it or PM me with it and I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

I wonder what the difference will be? I may try it anyway. I never thought to check the Canadian page. I may wait to see if there is a US version available before I try this though. Thanks Dermen.

I did the same and have had repeated 'lost connection' pop ups since. Let me know if get the revision and I'll check my files for the old. Can you force a Firmware downgrade?

The US ftp site only has the latest firmware for the router. I actually got the Canadian link from this thread at dslreports.com forums. Somebody in that thread also uploaded the 2.5 firmware that he/she says she got from the US site a few months ago.

mrgreenjeans said:
I did the same and have had repeated 'lost connection' pop ups since. Let me know if get the revision and I'll check my files for the old. Can you force a Firmware downgrade?

I have a DI 524, not the same model router as yours, but some odd problems occurred after a firmware update for me as well. I went from firmware version 3.02 to 3.20. I would lose my internet connection randomly and any torrent or ftp download that I attempted would lock up my router and I'd have to reset it. I couldn't even get a single disk of Ubuntu downloaded via torrent without a lockup! Being a bit perturbed I decided to download the 3.02 firmware once again. After reflashing with the older firmware, all of my issues went away. I've tried both the Canadian and US version of the firmware for versions 3.02 and 3.20, and have found no difference between the two. Hopefully this helps.....I haven't touched the firmware on my router since and I've had no problems.

So to answer your question, after hearing my rant, yes you can downgrade firmware on your router. :beer:

WOW, what a difference!!!!!

I re-flashed my router using the 2.5 from Canada and everything is great. My signal strength is back up to "very good" both in the upstairs office and downstairs in the living room. The speed is so much better also. There was appreciable lag trying to display any pages using that other rev. Now it is loading right away. Thanks for all the help from everyone. I kept copies of all the firmware versions that I found, but I don't plan on changing a darn thing on my router now.

I re-flashed my router using the 2.5 from Canada and everything is great.
people! I NEED this firmware!! i was an idiot enough to flash mine with 2.76 :bang head and guess what! yes it fixed the bug with the DDNS client... but now the thing keeps reseting every 10-60 min. it freaks me and everybody from my MSN contact list out...
upload it to sendspace.com or anywhere else at all!
c'mon people, please... i need it and i need it now )

Firmware

I can't attach the DI-624 Firmware V2.50. It is over the forum limits of 585.9k. If you PM me an email address, I can send a zipped folder.

TazExtreme3, thanx man!

i found out that the firmware i was using before updating to 2.76 wasnt 2.50. it was 2.71b10! i found it here
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,16652323~mode=flat
(sorry folks, didnt notice that link in this thread before..)
and even was able to recover all my settings for a settings backup file.
i love that firmware. it resets on emule and DDNS doesn't work...but it doesn't reset itself every N minutes without a reason.
i tried 2.50, it has too many old bugs (like u cant assign one ip to two different MACs and i do it a lot cuz i connect my laptop via lan and wlan and i like ip being the same) and i also think i saw it reseting...so i guess I'll keep 2.71b10, if it's the same one I had before it's pretty f*ing stable =)

elfion said:
TazExtreme3, thanx man!

i found out that the firmware i was using before updating to 2.76 wasnt 2.50. it was 2.71b10! i found it here
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,16652323~mode=flat
(sorry folks, didnt notice that link in this thread before..)
and even was able to recover all my settings for a settings backup file.
i love that firmware. it resets on emule and DDNS doesn't work...but it doesn't reset itself every N minutes without a reason.
i tried 2.50, it has too many old bugs (like u cant assign one ip to two different MACs and i do it a lot cuz i connect my laptop via lan and wlan and i like ip being the same) and i also think i saw it reseting...so i guess I'll keep 2.71b10, if it's the same one I had before it's pretty f*ing stable =)

Bah! D-link routers... Shoulda just got a WRT54GL. Then you'd have every firmware color in the rainbow... :)

Back