• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Halo: The Movie Delayed To 2008

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ice skating one:

Another one...might be done by same dude, but it's a spoof so I doubt he would do it as citroen wouldn't be too happy

As long as its not that one guy that bombs all Game Based Movies....

BTW The 2 commercials/videos of his is quiet good imo. Be nice if he had experiance in longer pictures though (one was like 6min)

IMO the graphics for the Ice Skating advert are terrible compared to the original. :) All other game based movies have err, not done well, I wonder if Halo will be any different.

Nice! :) They did the LOTR series and iRobot, IMO the CG for those films was very well done. King Kong was well done as well, apart from the Dinosaurs looking like they had 5 minutes spent of them, but the graphics for Kong were great.

I'm concerned how good the graphics are going to be for Transformers the Movie when it comes out next year, I hope they're decent. If they look fake then the film is going to be terrible. Wonder which company is doing the graphics for it. :)

Also, if you like Transformers, then checkout this fan made video of Optimus Prime transforming from Truck to Robot. If the movie looked like that I wouldn't complain... :beer:

Sorry went a bit off topic! :beer:

Bungie said:
No movie news today, although apparently you can find out whatever you need to know about movies at the famously enjoyable aint it cool news and if we hear anything from Hollywood, we'll be sure to let you know.

From todays weekly what's update.

deathman20 said:
As long as its not that one guy that bombs all Game Based Movies....

That would be the uncomparably bad Uwe Boll. He is the absolute worst director I have ever seen. Absolutely terrible. The ONLY redeeming quality of any of his films is that we get to see Kristanna Lokken topless in Bloodrayne :p

Halo Director Official Announced Aug 12, 2006
Halo the Movie will be directed by first time director Neill Blomkamp. Neill has directed a few short films and commercials before, but this is his first major movie.

A native of South Africa, Blomkamp directed the acclaimed 2005 short film, Alive in Joburg, that depicted a future in which extraterrestrials have become refugees. Last year, Blomkamp also received three Clio Awards and a Visual Effects Society Award for his television commercial Citroen-Alive with Technology. In 2004, Blomkamp was recognized as "One of the Top Five Directors to Watch" at the First Boards Awards and was a featured artist at the Saatchi & Saatchi New Directors Showcase at Cannes. He has also been nominated for an Emmy award for his work on an episode of James Cameron's Dark Angel.

I got that off this website http://www.halothemovie.org/

Aktunka said:
The ONLY redeeming quality of any of his films is that we get to see Kristanna Lokken topless in Bloodrayne :p

I would have to agree :drool:, however the rest of the movie was garbage and I can't believe I stayed till the end.

Back