• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A8V Noob question...gotta ask

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

beau_safken

I seem to be having a lot of issues with random stopping/pauses in games and I'm guessing its my memory. I have read that ASUS boards can have issues when the memory is set to Auto.

My question is the following:

My memory says its rated for 3-4-4-8...What does that mean? What settings are each of those in relation to the motherboard BIOS settings? I have no idea what each of those are so I cant setup my board to match my memory.

If someone could please enlighten me, that would be most welcome.

beau_safken said:
I seem to be having a lot of issues with random stopping/pauses in games and I'm guessing its my memory. I have read that ASUS boards can have issues when the memory is set to Auto.

My question is the following:

My memory says its rated for 3-4-4-8...What does that mean? What settings are each of those in relation to the motherboard BIOS settings? I have no idea what each of those are so I cant setup my board to match my memory.

If someone could please enlighten me, that would be most welcome.
You could take a look here:http://www.anandtech.com/memory/showdoc.aspx?i=2223&p=5

Back