• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a motherboard..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CoWxfarm

I need a new motherboard for a new computer. I got so far... 7900gt, 2X1g g.skill, 805 Pentium D, and a superlan boy can anyone help me with a good mobo
around $150 and below....

thats the mobo i had but there were some problems any other mobos in mind??!

i guess i will get a new Asus P5LD2 Intel ® 945P Socket LGA775 ATX Motherboard. at frys for 109 i guess :]

no dont...please for the love of god dont. with conroe out now get a c2d ready mobo if your range is 150 and lower. Look at the gigabyte ds3 @zzf they include shipping, hell even fry's has ds3's not sure how much though.

Rev. 2.03 P5LD2 has support for C2D. I have had no problems with my P5LD2 but if you can spend $150 bucks go with the DS3. Only reason I say that is because I don't know how good the newer P5LD2's will clock with C2D the DS3's are proven with C2D. Either would be great with your 805 but evil is looking out so if you plan to upgrade later it will be more future proof. Here is a link to a DS3 http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=322342
$152 w shipping

bignick said:
Rev. 2.03 P5LD2 has support for C2D. I have had no problems with my P5LD2 but if you can spend $150 bucks go with the DS3. Only reason I say that is because I don't know how good the newer P5LD2's will clock with C2D the DS3's are proven with C2D. Either would be great with your 805 but evil is looking out so if you plan to upgrade later it will be more future proof. Here is a link to a DS3 http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=322342
$152 w shipping
indeed bignick why buy a mobo that is not C2D ready now with c2d mobos in his price-range. For him it is a win-win he gets a nice new mobo and it has lots of life in it.

so i guess you guyz are saying to go buy the ds3?!?! for 150 but i hurd that the ds3 wont support the g.skill 2gb for some reason. i mean im noob at these things, sorry it is my first computer i made... my friend showed me this site and stuff :]

Intel Pentium D 805 Smithfield 533MHz FSB LGA 775 Dual Core,EM64T Processor Model BX80551PE2666FN

eVGA 256-P2-N583-AR Geforce 7900GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card

G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model F2-6400PHU2-2GBNS

200 gig sata

Antec SmartPower 2.0 500W Power Supply

Last edited:
CoWxfarm said:
so i guess you guyz are saying to go buy the ds3?!?! for 150 but i hurd that the ds3 wont support the g.skill 2gb for some reason. i mean im noob at these things, sorry it is my first computer i made... my friend showed me this site and stuff :]

Intel Pentium D 805 Smithfield 533MHz FSB LGA 775 Dual Core,EM64T Processor Model BX80551PE2666FN

eVGA 256-P2-N583-AR Geforce 7900GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card

G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model F2-6400PHU2-2GBNS

200 gig sata

Antec SmartPower 2.0 500W Power Supply
well the board is solid there might be somebugs in the bios not allowing it to work "out the box". You may have to use some cheap ram and change the DDR2 voltage and timings for the gskillz. i would change the psu IMO to a OCZ powerstream 520 at newegg or zzf. what 200gig sata drive? Might want to spend a bit more and get the seagate 320 sata with perp tech. Solid HD from the reviews. also might want to use a raptor for windows and the main games you will be playing alot. you should still be able to find the 34gig raptors pretty cheap now.

okk thanks for the help ill keep in mind a second hard drive raptor :] and maybe stick to the asus that didnt work the first time.

What will keep the DDR2 800 from running? Does it want tighter timings or looser? Are they planning on releasing a bios update for it soon?

Ok, well my friend bought the DS3, still no worky. It still does the same thing it did with the P5LD2. You turn it on, the crt monitor makes a clicking noise like its recieving signal then nothing happens. Here is a video of the boot up. I don't get why the fans don't spin contionusly. We already got a different CPU and now a new Mobo. Tried a working PCI gfx card and it still doesn't work. Now it's either the RAM (can also be because theres reports of the DS3 not liking 800 speed ram.) or the PSU which is an Antec 500watt which has 17amps on one rail and 19 on the other.
http://kevincat.com/random/start.MPG

ati said:
Ok, well my friend bought the DS3, still no worky. It still does the same thing it did with the P5LD2. You turn it on, the crt monitor makes a clicking noise like its recieving signal then nothing happens. Here is a video of the boot up. I don't get why the fans don't spin contionusly. We already got a different CPU and now a new Mobo. Tried a working PCI gfx card and it still doesn't work. Now it's either the RAM (can also be because theres reports of the DS3 not liking 800 speed ram.) or the PSU which is an Antec 500watt which has 17amps on one rail and 19 on the other.
http://kevincat.com/random/start.MPG
you more then likly need cheap ram as the bios is old on that board and needs to be updated. Nothng wrong with the ram, but bios that is on that board is buggy. once you get it updated all will be good.

Man, so if i buy some cheap ram we should be able to fire it up then flash the bios?

ATI is my friend and he help me build my computer :} OMG WE GOT IT TO WORK YAYAYAYAYYAYAYA

Last edited:
Back