• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unexplainable Beeping from PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rafterman223

I have just installed and updated Star Wars: Knights of The Old Republic on my PC. The first 4 hours of playing the game were fine, but then a beeping noise started coming from my motherboard speaker. I've restarted my computer many times and have tried to find the problem, but no luck. The beeping noise had never come from my computer before and I discovered that it is not doing this on any of my other games. I updated the game to its most current drivers, did a full system check, and have updated windows to the most current version. Has anybody here ever encountered a similar problem or intermittent beeping while playing a game? All help is greatly appreciated!

-Heil to The Chef

Not sure what the cause was , but many older Abit boards were known to have this happen . Slight beeping when rig was stressed or while 3d/2d game play .
I had many past Abit boards do this , just to mention a few :
1-IS7-E
2-IS7
1-IC7
few other older P4/PIII boards .

Never did find the cause , as it seemed it was not heat or power related according to my specs and system monitoring on all my past systems .

Go fiqure .

Last edited:
Have you put a smoke alarm inside your computer by mistake?
Does it happen whenever you cook bacon with the grill open?

Seriously though, I suggest you do a few hardware diagnostics as well (if you haven't already) to make sure that there are no serious hardware probs, if there aren't I would just disconnect the PC Speaker.

More than likely you have a heat issue and the motherboard is telling you about it. I'd try running MBM5 while you game and tabbing out when the beeping happens to check you CPU temps.

Back