• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone have any experiance with NCIX?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Maverick5588

Registered
just want to know because they have a store about an hour from where i live so its really easy for me to get there compared to having to spend money to order things.. but do they have good prices compared to other sites like newegg?

I always shop at NCIX, very good company, great customer service, and good selection as well. It's just shipping prices are a little crazy because canadian shipping is expensive but that's understandable.

Overall, good company.

Yeah agreed they are great. HOWEVER always crosscheck prices. They often have a great selection of things you can't get elsewhere which is why i buy from them, but they also can be more expensive(by a lot).

Often they have a sale every 1-2 weeks and they have uber deals at the top which usually cannot be beat anywhere. Deus Ex 2 is on sale for $1.28 or something right now. As well as some other stuff, but i mean come on $1.28!!

I have ordered from NCIX.com on several occasions. They keep me coming back because of all-around good pricing and they have earned my confidence. We are somewhat limited in our selection of online stores in Canada and this is the first place I check out.

online only, but i had a great time ordering from them, i got my lcd from them, and the price hasnt gotten that low since :D, shipped it here free (not often does that happen) and i have rarely heard complaints about them

I buy from them exclusively (unless I get something used from the classifieds here), not because I'm a fan-boy but because they have earned my customership. They have a huge selection, you can spend hours going through their product lists. They are almost always prompt shippers in my experience. They did delay shipping my order by 6 days once but I had used one of their "special express $5.99 shipping" deals that time so I got what I paid for. When that happened one of the items I bought had dropped in price by a little more than ten dollars during that week and they honored the lower price! They always respond to email questions I have for them in prompt fashion. I compare their prices to some of the cheapest store prices in Toronto and they are rarely more that 10% over, and usually they are the same price or cheaper and this is comparing them to a list of stores who do not have a good reputation for customer service, stores that draw you in with rock bottom prices and then pretty much spit in your face when the product you bought turns out to be defective. If I can get something from NCIX for $124.99 total cost or from XXXXXX for $112.99 I would rather spend the extra twelve dollars, it is worth the piece of mind. Often I don't need to make that choice. A lot of times NCIX is the one with not only better service but also the lowest price.

Unless of course you live in calgary or edmonton, then you should just walk to memory express if they have what ncix does. Almost always cheaper... lol(however i support ncix, anything not found at memory express i buy at ncix.)

I buy mostly from then, shipping is prompt, they usually call if something happens(item soldout, delays and such). Once they got my credit wrong and got it refused, they called next day to see what was going on(buy often anf it was a first time problem), an hour later it turned out it was an honest mistake(someone make a typo when filling some forms) so they offered a few promo items and upgraded my shipping to next day delivery...

Never had a problem I couldn't fix the same day by talking to them.

they are are very good store and since i have no access to newegg because i live in canada they are about the only good one avail. tiger is not very good

Also im from ONTARIO NCIX BC tax is only 7% for me and there shipping prices are good most the times which saves you $$$$, and also they have weekly specials! so get in on the good deals! also IF your from US they even ship to you too!

eobard said:
I buy from them exclusively (unless I get something used from the classifieds here), not because I'm a fan-boy but because they have earned my customership. They have a huge selection, you can spend hours going through their product lists. They are almost always prompt shippers in my experience. They did delay shipping my order by 6 days once but I had used one of their "special express $5.99 shipping" deals that time so I got what I paid for. When that happened one of the items I bought had dropped in price by a little more than ten dollars during that week and they honored the lower price! They always respond to email questions I have for them in prompt fashion. I compare their prices to some of the cheapest store prices in Toronto and they are rarely more that 10% over, and usually they are the same price or cheaper and this is comparing them to a list of stores who do not have a good reputation for customer service, stores that draw you in with rock bottom prices and then pretty much spit in your face when the product you bought turns out to be defective. If I can get something from NCIX for $124.99 total cost or from XXXXXX for $112.99 I would rather spend the extra twelve dollars, it is worth the piece of mind. Often I don't need to make that choice. A lot of times NCIX is the one with not only better service but also the lowest price.

I second this opinion. Since I started to order frequently online, I must have placed more than 80% of my orders through NCIX.com. I will also buy from them without shopping around much because they always seem to be competitive in the end, sometimes cheaper than going accross the border. If they are $10 more expensive, they will still usually get my business simply because of their overall service and reliability. I don't expect flawlessness from a retailer, but I do expect to be treated like my business is as important as theirs.

Back