• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Allendale or Conroe With DS3 ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BlitzAceYuna

Registered
I know much has been said about Allendales clocking really well with the DS3, but for real world performance, would a overclocked E6300 or E6600 go better with the DS3?

Would a DS4 give any significant improvements?

Oh and one more question, im sorry for this one, but is the NB = MCH? What do they look like? How do I cool them?

Last edited:
personally i like the p5b delxue atm the best between asus and gigabyte ... have a ds3 ... p5b-D beat it folding perf wize with an e6400.

Have not tested a ds4.

pscout said:
personally i like the p5b delxue atm the best between asus and gigabyte ... have a ds3 ... p5b-D beat it folding perf wize with an e6400.

Have not tested a ds4.

Now you are depressing me.:) Have 2 each on the way to the house. Corsair 8500 (2x512), ds3, antec true 2 550w, e6300's to oc and put up 24/7 folding. Hey Pscout, do you know if the ds3 will run headless. I suspect it will as I have only run into this issue on a couple of boards but do not know for sure. At any rate they should offer a good contribution to both the teams and my pointage.

What chipset is the P5B based on?

Also, a E6600 should technically outperform a E6300 right? No matter what board used?

On the same board, with both the E6300 and the E6600, the E6600 should outperform it right?

I mean, that extra 2MB L2 cache and 9x multiplier would give it some edge right?

Sorry for the questions, might be building a new rig soon, need to decide which to get.

BlitzAceYuna said:
What chipset is the P5B based on?

Also, a E6600 should technically outperform a E6300 right? No matter what board used?

The P5B is i965 northbrige and ICH8 southbridge.

In theroy, the E6600 would outperform say the E6400.

Can't tell just yet but the 2M extra cache might make the Conroes a little warmer(harder to OC) then the Allendales.

It also apears that the OEM's could be clocking worse then the retails..

So.. its a little difficult to tell right now how things will turn out IMHO.

Back