• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

If I have a VIVO ATI card, do I need a video converter card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1hawaii50

I have a Canopus Lets Edit RT+ video capture card, and am wondering if I need to keep it if I buy an ATI x1800XT/X1900XT vivo card? I could use the free pci slot if I don't need the card.
Thanks,
Don.

Cheator, are you saying I can get rid of the capture card with a VIVO vid card handling editing duties?
Sorry, I was confused by your answer. And no, I don't need to record/watch tv. I am primarily interested in transferring 8mm movies and digital video to DVD.

smokie, do you mean capture sound as in sound only? The sound from the 8mm/mini DV will transfer through the S-vid cable right? I only need the RCA converter for transferring sound only, right?
Thanks again.

svideo is only for video. and VIVO, while able to replace your capture card, doesn to take audio. you would need to plug it into your soundcard for it to work.

You would plug the video you want to capture into your videocard, and connect the sound to your line-in. You should be able to pick the input source, depending on what program you use. I currently have DScaler installed so I can play SSBM on my PC. :D

Back