• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which 7600GT?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sniph

I'm upgrading to conroe soon (E6400+ ASUS P5B Deluxe) and I need a new video card as well. The 7600GT looks pretty good to me, but I'm not sure which one to go with. I probably won't be OCing it and Noise isn't a factor either (Delta 92mm Extreme High Speed Fan on CPU). Any suggestions?

eVGA does have that but sadly, I would never use the step up progam since it lasts only 90 days after the initial purchase. the Lifetime warranty is great though. Looking at core clock speeds, the XFX 7600GT is the highest with 590MHz

I would get the evga in most cases. If I wanted silent cooling I would get a gigabyte card* and blow a 120mm fan over it.

* there is someone selling a gigabyte 7600gt in the classifieds now, I think.

Also the step up program is better then ever now with g80 comming soon. Also it wont cost you much more to step up to a g80 card as nVidia is powering them off of the souls of dead babies to keep the cost down to the average consumer.

Also any noob can overclock; paying more for an overclocked card is like paying someone to unwrap a candy bar for you so that you get to eat it faster.

Haha Ya, that is very true. I think I will go with eVGA. :)

Gigabyte or eVGA. Hands down. My first ledtech caught fire, so I plan to avoid them, you should too. Well, idk if they have the same problem with the 7600GT, its your buy, they will pretty much perform equally.

Definitely EVGA. They get first dibs on the chips, they have an awesome warranty and their step-up program is pretty darn nifty.

nvidiaOCmaster said:
My first ledtech caught fire

Thats because you use dell computers, up until now, which are known to frequently explode or spontaneously combust.

Back