• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help...really weird problem....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zangler

ok...so here is the deal...sometimes...and mostly when playing video...my screen will go to sleep, as if ive left it alone for 20min...even though im using it...and my internet connection will drop. i have tried EVERYTHING software wise...i JUST finished a reinstall of windows...any ideas? please help...rig is in the sig.

That is a strange one. Since you have tried reinstalling windows, which would have been my first guess too, you might try clearing the cmos as it could be bios related. Good luck with it.

im really starting to lean towards it being MB related...i just dont have a spare motherboard with a pci-e slot on it to test....

You may well be right, but sometimes these kinds of issues go away as mysteriously as they came. Have you tried to use a different bios? If all else fails maybe you should try an Exorcism. :)

well...it maybe what i try...it was not doing it before the flash...but i am not sure how long after the flash it started doing it...im also wondering if i could get the rev. 3 chip from MSI and replace it??? thanks for the feedback...i really appreciate it

no...i pretty much got it stable...but overclocking seems like it is out of the question for now...i really wish i had another 939 board to put my chip in to see if it is the chip or the board though.

Back