• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sigh pc down for some reason

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

itachi2k4

i got some new ram a week ago or so, it ran fine but i didn't do the memorytest. So i run memtest off the dfilanparty bios , i get a error so i took it out 1 of the 2 gb sticks and it didn't post and then i took out the 1 gb stick left in there and put in some old corsair value ram. it doesn't post but everything in the desktop turns on. The vaule ram worked in my bro's pc with almost the same specs a week ago. I tried putting in both sticks again and still not working. I checked all cables so im sure nothing is unplugged. I'm thinking it may be the vga cable and my bro is recieving one in the mail today so i will c if that helps.

pc specs in the sig

sounds like you need to tweak your memory timings to me. on a dfi board you would be crazy not to memtest when getting new memory. well good luck and let us know how it goes for you

Back