• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nvidia witch brand !!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stdu007

I'm looking to change my old ati x700 videocard for a nvidia 7900 serie ... but need your advice on witch brand i should go

1- BFG
2-XFX
3-LEADTEK
4-EVGA

those brand make similar card but your suggestion are welcome !!!

I would say eVGA because you can step up to a g80 if you feel like it when they come out.

However if you are sure you wont trade it in later then xfx, evga, and bfg are all about equal and I would just get the cheapest.

eVGA is good. I like Leadtek the best because of thier great build quality, and also their video in software is the best I've ever used. Great great cards.

evga. i had bad experience with two bfg 6800gtoc and a xfx 7800gtx. the bfgs overheated (no oc!) and broke and the 7800gtx just ran crazy hot and coulndt oc much

eVGA!!!!

Life time warranty, awesome customer service & support

and the warranty covers even with OC'ing & removing the stock HSF long as you put the original back on it should you need to RMA it.

oh and Step Up Program is pretty sweet too...

I have been very fortunate in regard to video cards, I currently have a leadtek, Xfx and Evga in Nvidia cards, No problems with any of them so in that aspect I have no problem recommending any of them. I have followed closely the ordeal with the 79 series cards, Evga stepped up and took care of their customers, That really impressed me, So that alone moves Evga to the top of the list IMO.

ScottinIndy said:
I have been very fortunate in regard to video cards, I currently have a leadtek, Xfx and Evga in Nvidia cards, No problems with any of them so in that aspect I have no problem recommending any of them. I have followed closely the ordeal with the 79 series cards, Evga stepped up and took care of their customers, That really impressed me, So that alone moves Evga to the top of the list IMO.

are evga and Xfx new brands? a few years ago i'd never heard of them.

what happened to gainward? PNY?

PNY is good, gainward is mainly overseas I thought...

I would go eVGA man, with all the problems they had with 7600 and 7900 cards eVGA is the ONLY company that manned up and made it right with the people that stood by eVGA which is usually the best, XFX is crap and so is BFG.

hyperasus said:
eVGA is good. I like Leadtek the best because of thier great build quality, and also their video in software is the best I've ever used. Great great cards.

always loved leadtek cards as well, but evga has that nice step up program

eVGA.

The best IMO. (and apparently everyone elses)

Their warranty is very good.....lifetime and one many/most of their cards, they warranty problems from overclocking. That's huge in my opinion.
Plus the stepup program is real nice. I upgraded from SLI 7800GTX's to 7900GTX's for only $10 for shipping. Not bad at all!

Wolverine690 said:
eVGA!!!!

Life time warranty, awesome customer service & support

and the warranty covers even with OC'ing & removing the stock HSF long as you put the original back on it should you need to RMA it.

oh and Step Up Program is pretty sweet too...

I Concur! :beer:

Back