• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermal Pad Replacement for Acceloro X2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wrangler88

im going to replace the stock heatsink past that came on my Acceloro x2 with some artic silver something, but was wondering i know that pads are going to get ripped off when removing the heatsink where can i get replacemetn pads at? and who makes good ones? thanks!

well if your worried about rmaing with no thermal pad thats shouldnt be a problem. all you have to do is replace the hsf with the stock one because they dont remove the hsf when rmaing. i seen a couple guys who rmaed it with no thermal pad on xtremesys and i have accelero x2 install also because its so quite and i oc alot but had never done anything that i have to rma for so it all should be fine

no i dont want to RMA it, i love the card! i just want to put some arc silver on it to see if it will drop the temps compared to the grey pad crap it came with~!

That 'grey pad crap' as you referred to it is actually Arctic Cooling's MX-1 thermal paste pre-applied to the Accelero, and it is just as good as AS5 for your vid card temps.

Back