• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Advice on Dell LGA775 Upgrade?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Derek8819

Hey guys I have a Dell XPS 400 with Pentium D820. Since I cannot overclock this system I would like to upgrade my processor. I already have 3gigs of ram so that should help overall. I have a Intel based I945P motherboard. What can I drop into here? I would like a 930 but is a conroe possible with a bios update? Will the 930 even work? Also I have read that dell no longer uses proprietary parts. I WISH this thing had a SLI board in it like the XPS 600 comes with. What do you guys think?

The pentium D 945 should work in your board and would be the best choice for an upgrade. It is the new stepping presler and has speedstep so it will run cooler when idle.

just a question, how is your 3gb of ram split up?

is it 2x1gb, 2x512? or 2x1gb, 1x1gb?

2x1gb and 2x512mb for some reason it came from dell with the 1gb pc4200 amd the 512s are pc5300.

ALRIGHT GUYS! I just ordered a new 945 3.4ghz pressy from newegg with some artic silver! YEAH! Cant wait to try her out!

Back