• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VISTA Theme For XP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

Does anyone know where I can install the look of VISTA for XP you know the glass effect task bar etc. I just tested Windows Blinds and the vista look created by someone must say it's very nice. But Windows Blinda costs £20 to buy and the VISTA theme is the only 1 I like.

Stuff if I'm paying £20 just for theme so does anyone know where or how I could get it without using a 3rd party program.

I don't really have an answer to your question but I will say that anytime I've ever used a 'Window Blinds' type of program it has jacked up my system :(

dwschoon said:
I use windowblinds and have never had a problem.

Same here. I am not a huge fan of the Vista gui... I could give you a list of Windowblinds skins that are great. I havent used the Luna scheem in 4 years... there is a nice one called Elemental which is a remake of Luna, much nicer.

Correct if I'm wrong, but isn't MS going to make the vista gui "Aero" available for download for windows xp in the future?

http://www.crystalxp.net/galerie/en.id.505.htm

th2_505.jpg

Last edited:
This is Vista Transformation Pack with L-Clock.
desktop2.jpg

I've tried the Brico and Crystal-XP themes but they were not as simple and clean as this one.
Basically, I just wanted a black theme and this one works pretty well although the icons and some of the title text are muddier than I would like.

Back