• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

If I see this one more time...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FlailBoy

:mad:

How do I disable the annoying popup box that comes up when the system crashes to desktop for one reason or another with XP pro/home and says something like: A serious error has occurred, send a message to Micro$oft Yes/No. The option to punch somebody does not seem to be there. A glaring omission, really...

Inasmuch as I am *never* going to send a message to Micro$oft regarding the "serious errors", I really don't need to see this box anymore.

I always send it to Microsoft in the hopes that if enough people flood them with the messages they may actually do somethign to fixc the problems... Yes I know its a little unrealistic :)

AmbientFiction said:
I think the error reporting tool is under services.msc but don't quote me on this I am still fighting having to run XP.

As in: "Allows error reporting for services and applications running in non-standard environments"? It's currently set to Automatic.

What's a non-standard environment?

EDIT: I'm old and slow.

Thx guys. :beer:

Go to the properties of My Computer, Advanced Tab, Error Reporting button, disable error reporting. If the little check box is ticked you'll get an old-style "illegal operation" box.

Back