• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Laptop Heat

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

syberspy9

Hey all been along time since ive been on the boards here but...

I whent to Shanghai China and bought my self a Lenovo Laptop Sunrise T30 or somthing not shure.

Anyway...

It has a 6500Nvidia mobile or somthing 256mb, 1.7 centreno 80gb HD.

And i use it to surf the net and game.

Yup game with the laptop.
So i make shure its on a flat surface or a book if its on my lap so that the vents and fan are clear. but the hard drive seems to be damn warm after an 2 or 3 hours of gameing.

Now i seem to be getting a beeping, any one know why its beeping?
i dont know any computer that beeps other then for bootup or for mabey overheating. but im not shure that its a heat problim. the laptop is bran new but it only has a pasive vent on the ram a vent over the cpu and side vents for exust of the cpu heat, and im shure its on a temp sensor.

I dont want to do anything to void the warranty.

beeps every like 30min or so when im gaming its not Always but it happens enuf for me to wonder its only a single beep its not like spazzing beeping at me.

so is the beeping a cooling problim?

Have you checked the manual to see if this is a documented issue? Tried speedfan or mbm to see what the temp is?

Why did you get a Chinese Lenovo? Those are an insult to an Amiercan made workstation Lenovo laptop. :p

The beeping can mean about 40 diferent things. The warning guide should state the problem. 1 long beep every 2 seconds on my laptop means that there is a severe RAM problem, 1 short beep every 2 seconds means low battery. One long beep every... 1xx seconds means that it is getting hot, nearing maximum set tempatures. (on my lenovo anyhoo)

Just run a temp indicator like "speed fan" and get the tempature probe readings.

I say pop-open the bugger when it's running to check and see that everything is working properly, sometimes those little fans don't want to do anything over 100 rpm... unless you care about the warrenty...

call the manufactor and tell them about the problem. i have no clue why you could ever purchase a laptop from outside of your country (yes its cheap but you dont get support or warrenty). or just call or email lenovo

Back