• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7900GTX cooling question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jamesgig

Disabled
Is it worth it to change the stock heatsink for a Zalman vf900-cu on a 7900gtx card? I am not too worried about noise, so I would only use it if it offered any cooling bennifits. thanks

Well, if you have the money to spare; I say get it and OC until you reach your previous temps at stock timings with the stock HS. ;)

the vf900 cools good but i really dislike the fact that it just blows air down (like my accelro x2) so depending on what cooling it can raise the temp of the case by quite a bit. but never the less it is a very powerful cooler

since I am only using 1 card, I have 2 empty slots on the back of my case right beneath the card where the fan will be blowing. Will ducting the air out those two slots help?

jamesgig said:
since I am only using 1 card, I have 2 empty slots on the back of my case right beneath the card where the fan will be blowing. Will ducting the air out those two slots help?
Very much so if you do it properly, and mabe add on another exaust fan, or double up if you have a low-rpm one.

Whenever I make ducting... it gets sucked up by a fan and shredded paper goes everywhere! :eek: Cardboard and 4000rpm metal fans don't mix... especially with fingers. :eek:

Back