• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hooking up a computer to a old TV Screen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Emericana

hey guys. i have a ati radeon 9500 video card. nothing too fancy. it has the standard svga port and s-video port on the back of the card. i want to hook my pc up to this tv console/screen that was left in my new apartment by the people who used to live here. unfortuantely there is no s-video port on the tv. there is however, red white and yellow ports on the back of the tv... you know typical ones to hook up dvd players/playstations etc. is there any adapter i can buy that converts S-video or even a svga cable to these ports so i can hook up the computer to the tv? thanks for all help

http://www.cables4computer.com/newproduct/Prod_Individual3.aspx?groupcode=I3455
that'll output the video...to output audio to the TV you'll need a minijack to RCA converter and cables...but you don;t need that you can just use your PC speakers to output the audio.

Be aware the best resolution you can run is 640x480...it might actualy even be smaller

*edit* oh and to output to both your monitor and the TV just get a VGA splitter, that place should have one as well.

Back