• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BGF 6800GS question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fireandice

this may sound dumb but im planning mods for this card i should have it wed.

it uses the ultra pcb right? it unlocks to 16/6 from what i seen and can be flashed to a 6800gt. what about bumping up the volts and flashing it to a ultra? also theres a spot for a extra 4 pin power plug. so could i desolder the one off my 6600 and solder it to the 6800?

also could a 500wat psu with 12V1@16A; +12V2@17A on the rails power this?

psu is this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16817189005 came highly recamended by those who have one and all the reviews say its a great unit thats very stable and well made. im pressed for money so this is about the best psu i can aford for now. i havent seen a report on it saying it fails easy or dosent power systems like my rig or its unstable.

so heres my plans.

unlock card and reflash to 6800gt "if i can reflash to a GT or ultra"

water cool. i have the block. "how should i cool the volt regs?"

is this card the same as the ultra just missing the extra power plug? the plug wont be hard to solder on can anyone conferm the cards are the same "probly not but im just looking to get every drop of proformce out of this card lol" or has this mod been done before?

i know my sempron 2500+ will be a big bottleneck but oh well. i'll have it oc'ed from 1.4ghz to atleast 2.3ghz highest my unstable psu will go is 2.4 but crashes because the psu is a hunk fo crap so i hope the new psu will let me run at 2.4 stable with nice sold rails. so the bottleneck shouldent be all that bad. when i get a chance and find a used athlon i'll pick it up but when DX10 comes out im getting a totaly new rig and i'll be giveing this one away. But i figure the oc'ed sempron should be ok but still a bottlenecking it somewhat but not as bad as stock.

and anyone with this card have any personal settings they use for best proformance? i see alot of people useing the 81.98 drivers and running outher tweeks.

Back