• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

oblivion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nickyhoward55

was there ever an oblivion demo? i really wanna play it but dont really wanna spend £32.99 on it (its still expensive...) and find out i dont like it.

Its an amazing game but a system hog, I got mine from Game shop preowned £24. I can't run everything on max with my system as my graphics aren't the latest but I still run HD with most settings high, its the numerous shadow settings that cause a slowdown. Just wondering thru the forest on a horse is magical as every leaf & blade of grass is swaying in the breeze & with all shadow options enabled inc. diffused it is awesome, I am so taken with this game I am considering a mobo & graphics upgrade so I can see it at its best:bday:

Have you played Morrowind before? If yes, what did you like about Morrowind or disliked?.

It's clearly a Morrowind successor but it also has important changes especially for people who played the old game

i tried it once, but couldnt get into it. but then again i used to hate games like WOW, but now put in 45-60hrs a week.....

if you enjoy rpgs then you will 100% enjoy oblivion. my favourite part is i gain acrobatic skill when just jummping like a moron

i never really play games like this but omg i love oblivion graphics are insane and its just fun i love the battle arena :D

ide like to give it a try also. just dont want to find out i hate it beause i diddnt really like marrowind for xbox. it sucked lol

kiIIxthexIights said:
ide like to give it a try also. just dont want to find out i hate it beause i diddnt really like marrowind for xbox. it sucked lol

If you hated morrowind, then you might like Oblivion. Oblivion cuts out all the walking, and dumbs down a few things to make it more streamlined and user friendly, wich I was not all that happy with. To be honest, I liked walking everywhere, you never knew what you would find, and to me, seemed to be that morrowind had a bigger game world.

Do yourself a favor and download some mods if you are going to get oblivion, out of the box it has quite a few flaws, mostly with the leveling and scaling system. If you wanted to you could beat anything in oblivion at level one, and I don't mean with the best gear or anything either, which makes the game seem less epic.

BossBorot said:
Do yourself a favor and download some mods if you are going to get oblivion, out of the box it has quite a few flaws, mostly with the leveling and scaling system. If you wanted to you could beat anything in oblivion at level one, and I don't mean with the best gear or anything either, which makes the game seem less epic.

When I took a break from playing about 2 months ago, I was using 20-30 mods, and then it REALY made the game begin to kick ***.

Back