• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strange screen size adjustment issue?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brando

I'm not sure what to call this problem I'm having so I'll describe it. I recently reinstalled windows when I got my x1900xt and decided to start gaming at a slightly higher resolution of 1280x960. In order to keep everything simple I resized my desktop to 1280x960 and manually stretched the screen with the controls on the front of the monitor so I wouldn't have to keep adjusting it everytime I play a game. So, everthings at 1280x960 and the screen should always be the same size right? For some reason when I play Call of duty 2 the visible viewing area shrinks to the pre-stretched size it was at before I adjusted it despite the fact that it says it's at 1280x960 like everything else. I tried Oblivion and it stays at the full size of the desktop like it should. Any ideas?

Back