• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cat Control Center gone crazy with 6.8's ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dragonprince

Updated from 6.6 to 6.8 drivers today and now the CCC does not work. When you double click the desktop icon the hour glass tumbles for a few seconds but nothing happens, right mouse click on the desk top and selecting the CCC at the top does the same thing. Tried uninstalling and going back to the 6.6 drivers but now the CCC won't work with those either. :bang head

The only difference I can find is the CLI.exe applications are not running like they were before the upgrade. Manualy browsing for the files in the ATi directory and manualy starting CLI.exe gets it to show up in the running app's list but the CCC still wont run :confused:

The graphics drivers appear to have installed properly, even Device Manager is reporting the 6.8 drivers....just no Control Center.

Anyone see this before ? Any ideas how to fix ? Kinda sucks not being able to tweak anything.

I ran the updates for .Net 1.1 to add the SP1. No good.

Deleted .Net 1.1 and the 6.8 driver, installed .Net 2 and reinstalled the 6.8's....still no good :cry:

Running WinXP SP2, like I said above I didn't have any issues with 6.6 and the CCC until I "upgraded" to the 6.8's. This is on the ASUS rig in my sig.....

If you didn't uninstall 6.6 completely, then 6.8 CCC didn't install. You need to completely uninstall 6.8 drivers now from add/remove, run driver cleaner in safe mode, and then reinstall the drivers in windows again.

Uninstalled through add/remove programs and ran DC1.5 in safe mode. Still no good on the reinstall. :mad:

Last edited:
I have the 6.8's installed, CCC works fine, but it starts minimized in the taskbar. Removed 6.7 w. catuninstaller.exe (not thru control panel), DC pro in safe mode, reboot, and install full version 6.8 (driver/ wdm/ CCC). Additionally, I installed the .net 1.1 and then later installed the .net 2.0 over top without uninstalling .net 1.1, and no probs :shrug:

Yea, if you install .net 2.0 you should still have 1.1 installed, I noticed the same problem if I had 2.0 and not 1.1 installed.

This happend to me once maybe same thing, go to task manager>processes and delete all the CLI.exe ones, if you have more than 1 than that is the problem otherwise if only 1 then your fine, but then go to start>all programs>CCC>advance> then restart runtime and try again. :)

Well I finaly figured out what was going on. SpyCatcher was conflicting with the ATi start up routine and not allowing CLi.exe to initalize. Uninstalled it and reinstalled the ATi driver package and CCC is back. Not sure why the software allowed the CCC to work under the 6.6's other than maybe because the 6.6 was already installed when SpyCatcher was added... :-/

Back