• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ocing a E6600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nd4spdbh2

Well it looks as though my new budge will only allow for a E6600 rather than a E6700... but

How far are people overclocking the E6600 on high end air (SI-128 / Ultra 120 / Ninja...)

Also how far are ppl gettin the E6600 up to on stock volts?

I kno it depends on the board but would 3.0ghz be achievable on close to stock volts?

ALSO.... as far as a conroe goes which board would be better for a E6600 / E6700 a

ASUS P5W DH DELUXE
or
ASUS P5B Deluxe

as far as i can tell the only difference between the 2 is chip set... 975 vs 965
also can either one of these boards be used in a SLI setup?

and last but not least are their n e other goood ocing boards out there that support SLI?

975 gives you better results because the chipset has tighter timings, but dont know about ocing.

I'm getting my 6600 on wednesday, and my teamgroup xtreem ram sometime next week. I'll for shurely get my 6600 wet on wednesday and oc the crap out of it on my p5wdh :)

The P5WDH can support SLi with hacked drivers and the P5B-Deluxe cannot.

If your only air cooling with the E6600 the fsb limit of the P5WDH shouldn't limit your overclock.
Clock for clock the P5WDH does put out better scores in benchmarks.
But the P5B-Deluxe can go to 530fsb stock, where as the P5WDH stops at around 430fsb.

mr. roboto said:
The manual says it can hit 450, but idk. I'm still waiting for my conroe to come to test it haha.

It won't, there are BIOS adjustments to 450, but it wont run that without a vmch mod or some type of better cooling.

going to sound like an idiot now, i'm sure, but what is a vmch mod? I've seen a few people mention it, but have no clue what it is.

vmch is basically the NB's voltage, in the BIOS you can set the vmch to auto or 1.5-1.65v, after the mod you can adjust it how ever you like manuelly, which then results in being able to get higher fsb out of your board, so long as your cooling keeps up with the voltage your giving it.

beau_safken said:
Whats the default NB voltage? so i know how much higher im actually goin...

1.5v I think, I see everyone doing 1.65v havn't heard of a board dying from it yet.

1.65v will only get you so far. most i've seen top out around 420fsb. you will need more than 1.65v most likely to go higher.

Epox4life said:
The P5WDH can support SLi with hacked drivers and the P5B-Deluxe cannot.

If your only air cooling with the E6600 the fsb limit of the P5WDH shouldn't limit your overclock.
Clock for clock the P5WDH does put out better scores in benchmarks.
But the P5B-Deluxe can go to 530fsb stock, where as the P5WDH stops at around 430fsb.

so what your saying is i would need hacked video card drivers to run sli?

are their any SLI certified C2D boards?

also i could live with a 3.8ghz conroe :) but i dont think ill be gettin that high.

mr. roboto said:
ok thanks. So it's not really a mod, it's just changing the voltage in the bios?

I may have worded myself wrong, but the vmch mod is if you want to go higher then 1.65vmch <-- Highest setting in BIOS.
It's a hardmod that involves a variable resistor.

nd4spdbh2 said:
so what your saying is i would need hacked video card drivers to run sli?

are their any SLI certified C2D boards?

also i could live with a 3.8ghz conroe :) but i dont think ill be gettin that high.

I don't think the drivers are that hard to find i've seen download links for them here and on XS forums.

As for SLi C2D boards, you will have to wait until the nvidia 590 chipset boards, from what i've seen.

mr. roboto said:
oh ok, so it IS a hard mod. I don't think ill be goign over 400 though. 4ghz should be just fine and dandy.

and an extra $200 in the CPU.. no thanks

now what are these hacked drivers for.... chipset or vga.... also a download link might be nice :santa:

when is the nv590 comming out... hopfully it will be a pretty decent ocer.

nd4spdbh2 said:
now what are these hacked drivers for.... chipset or vga.... also a download link might be nice :santa:

when is the nv590 comming out... hopfully it will be a pretty decent ocer.

They are so underground no one is uploading them HTTP.. they WERE on bearshare for some time, but I never got them so I can't help you there.

The NV590 eval. mobo kingpin had, he only maxed it out to 400FSB worse then the best of all the other chipsets now, but as you said.. you paid $200 extra for that 10 multi. so you could overclock on an ECS if you wanted to ;) :p
And I don't think there is a set in stone release date for the boards yet.

greenmaji said:

BTW.. why do you want SLI?
So you can SLI the two most powerfull cards or run quad SLI?

or to run two older cards.. because that link I gave was trying to illistrate how selling and upgrading to one of the best cards is a better investment. thus SLI & CF wouldn't be nessary.

I've got my E6600 retail running 378 FSB at 1.48 VCore.... So far, it's Orthos stable for over 1/2 hour. I'm gonna let it run for 2 hours or so and see how it does. Temps maxes out at 40 C.....

Back