• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6MO+ update to my WC project

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

4GHZ_or_bust

Now 6GHz or Bust!
Seems my old thread is now 6 feet under so I thought I'd post a little update. A while ago I had to endure nasty heat wave with ambient air reaching 100F and without AC in my room, my PC kept running fine under heavy load. Never got past 115F which is 46C If I was still using air cooled set, it probably would have been closer to 70C.

I recently replaced the water in the system and when I checked the Swiftech Storm block, there was no sign of nozzle clogs so it seems to be fine using half a gallon distilled water, some bit of water wetter and a bit of no name UV dyes.

I did make one minor change to the design since I built it several months ago: using an idea from someone's Ziploc AC duct mod, I made a duct (using trash bag) from the exhaust and vented the hot air out of the window. This mod did help keep my room from feeling like a sauna in the summer time. :D Going to take it out in the winter time to keep my room warmer.

Back