• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New BF3 game pics!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I would put money on it that it wont look half as good as in that picture.
That looks like it was rendered, easy.

Change the last number at the end of the url to see other pics. They look good but so do many other games and engines to come soom :drool:

no, i wont because it probably will be dx 10 or dx 11

hmm doubtful, looks more like just some guys rendering if not closer to crysis...dice are incapable of anything ground breaking gameplay or graphics wise so don't hold your breath for this :)

so, they are BF3 pics, but they are labeld bf2

oh and BY the way THOSE ARE NOT IN GAME SCREENSHOTS, they are nothing more then rendered images, people should know by now - why get excited over something you wont ever see, not to mention why buy another overly buggy crap EA game.

Mr.Guvernment said:
so, they are BF3 pics, but they are labeld bf2

oh and BY the way THOSE ARE NOT IN GAME SCREENSHOTS, they are nothing more then rendered images, people should know by now - why get excited over something you wont ever see, not to mention why buy another overly buggy crap EA game.

Oh wow.... Ive never seen someone who is able to **** off 450,000 people with one sentence. I anticipate many many people flaming you., and me, because it is one of the buggiest and crappiest games i have ever played.

BF2 is the best. I think last time I played it, I had to patch to a new version. But to patch it I had to uninstall the old patch or something, and then patch with new patch, then uninstall BF2 completely, then repatch with new patch. And then, when I turned on BF2, my system hardbooted and I threw my mouse at the wall...I had a great time...

Definitely rendered.... you can tell by the depth of vision in the background.

-Off topic here... but....

I think BF2 is a great game, but I have come to notice one thing... the graphics in BF2 are excellent, you just don't notice the small detail because the game engine makes the player feel like the size of an ant. I have come to the reasoning that the maps in bf2 are setup in the wrong way, and instead of making the world feel big, they make the player feel small. If you want to get an idea of what I am talking about... play Americas Army on a BF2-like level (Probably Urban Assault map). In Americas Army, the player him/her self "feels" like they are actually around 5.5-6ft tall, this feeling occurs because the buildings,houses,etc... are all done to scale to make the world/map "feel" visually like real world. If you look at how BF2 is setup however... you soon realize the maps are not natural in the since that their should be towns/citys in the place of fortifications... its as if the maps are setup for one purpose and one purpose only, military outposts. I mean I enjoy playing BF2 maps... but after looking into detail at every building placement, you soon realize BF2 maps/geography are not only unlogical, but unnatural as well. --stop reading here if you didn't like the off topic part because im going into more detail :p-- Now take Gulf of Oman for example... Its a nice map yes, but lets look at it in detail.... travel around the world to ANY costal town/city and you will notice a vast majority of the population lives on the waters edge, in Gulf of Oman however.... all you see is fortification after fortification where instead houses should be. As you get further toward the MEC airfield on Gulf of Oman you see a construction site, a hotel, and a village. Now logic should tell you here something is wrong... FIRST there are only around 12 homes total in the map of Gulf of Oman, Thats a very small population... yet they build a hotel and a complex building on this remote hole in the dirt Gulf of Oman? Upon examination of the Village point you begin to wonder.... "What do these people do? sleep up on the hill in sleepingbags?" as there are no homes/houses anywhere near the village except for the 1 by the flag. So lets add this up... we have 3 fortifications (excluding airfield), we have 2 villages (River fort/Village), and we have a unfinished complex building with some other complex buildings around it, and we have a hotel. Added all up you see it just doesn't make since why the US would want to capture this small hole in the ground.

:p Boy that was long lol. Any way... the point is... I don't really thing you will notice details (Small details that is) period if the game is not to real world scale. But then again.... think to your self... when was the last time you looked at some ones shirt in detail to examine the detail of the fabric... (thought so) so that opens up a new topic... why would you look at the details in game when you avoid them in the real world.

Last edited:
So where are all the hover vehicles and stuff? That jeep isn't even listed in EA's "In game Vehicle Guide" on thier official website...

Arca_ex said:
So where are all the hover vehicles and stuff? That jeep isn't even listed in EA's "In game Vehicle Guide" on thier official website...

Thats BF"3" supposedly... the one coming out is BF2142, I am with you... why didn't they just call the newest one BF3 instead of BF2142.

Well I doubt it, 2142 is due out soon, I am thinking that "BF3" image is just some concept art incase they plan to put BF3 into production.

bf 2142 and bf3 is not the same bf3 will come out in next summer!

Back