• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mic Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AJZ

Registered
Hi guys, I'm having a problem with my mic outputing my voice through my PC speakers. I just updated my Motherboards audio drivers and it seems to have reset all of my audio settings. Anyways I got everything back to normal but for my mic settings for some reason When ever I talk into the mic I'm just hear my voice through My own headphones/speakers geuss you could call it feed back. Anyway to turn it off so I don't hear my own voice on my end?......Sorry if this is confussing. Oh yeah and I'm not needing to Mute the mic because I use it for things like vent but just recently I'm having this problem.

Mobo: Asus A8n SLI Deluxe
Audio: RealTek AC97

Any help would be great!. BTW Just muting it woudldn't be an option because then I wouldn't be able to use it over a voip like vent ot TS.

ok the problem is that one of the audio options in the sound control panel is not muted. if you go to the sound control and go properties. make sure you have to dot in the playback section. Look to see what volume setting are unchecked. Check them then try muting one at a time, this should fix you problem.

Evilsizer said:
ok the problem is that one of the audio options in the sound control panel is not muted. if you go to the sound control and go properties. make sure you have to dot in the playback section. Look to see what volume setting are unchecked. Check them then try muting one at a time, this should fix you problem.

Thank you very!!!! much it fixed it I ended up going into audio properities then to the voice tab, then to voice playback and muted each thing one by one and the mic one was the winners....Thanks much once again!

Back