• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which 7900gt 256 to get...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hypertek

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...&SubCategory=48

So many options, basically lower my budget the better.. but some hve higher clock speeds stock.. which affect the price.. Overall Im liking the Evga KO for being overclocked factory and low priced..

But all cards can be overclocked, and I would be interesting in doing one of the volt mods to get it higher. So im askin for which one would be most bang for the buck? Some have different coolers as well..

The gigabyte card has a unique heatsink, could this have potential if removed and recoated with AS5 and slap some heatsinks on the memory?

Recertified evga
cheap... but maybe i should stay away from this huh? could be someone's rma or something

I have one of the original eVGA 7900GT KOs and mine is running fine. Just make sure that you have a decent PSU with high 12v amperage if you want a high OC. I am running a Silverstone ST56ZF 560W with a 12v@38A and have had no problems with my card. I can easily surpass speeds of 7800GTX speeds with this card and you can volt mod a 7900GT (though tricky) to 7900GTX speeds. Personally the eVGA warranty is amazing so I would get a 7900GT stock and use the saved money for a better cooler than the KOs (it's nice but an aftermarket is amazing). The Zalman VF900 is probably the best choice, although pricey. I know that Artic Cooling makes one that can fit the mounting but needs to have the end exhaust cut off due to being too long. I believe this is the cooler that needs modding. The mounting holes I think are the same diameter. But check more into it youself. Good luck :bday:

Back