• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opty Better with more ram?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nandro

Disabled
Anyone seen this?
http://www.amdzone.com/modules.php?...=article&sid=6226&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

or care to comment on why the Opty's would appear to pull so much closer or ahead when more ram is used? I am curious because I always use 2G im my rigs and was going to go conroe, but if the Conroes cant handle as much ram then I may revisit my thinking for when I start a new build. Granted I have plenty of time, and this is one of the reasons I wait. It takes a bit for all these little nuggets of information to come out.

Just curious if anyone knows or has heard anything beyond this article or is it just BS?

You would need to use XP 64 in order to truely get the benefit of 4gb's of mem anyway as XP 32 has issues when using over 3GB.

I should hope so, being the resource hog that windows has always been and with bigger and more resource hungry apps, 4G may be the norm before the next version comes out in 8 years or whatever their release cycle is now.

Back