• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VLC 16:10

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

z0n3

Is there away to force 16:10 aspect ratio in VLC? When I use 16:9 only uses a less than satisfing portion of the screen.

maybe with media player and ffdshow you could improve quality too. just do a google with ffdshow and follow the tutorial at afterdawn. Me thinks it was at afterdawn.

I am not sure what VLC is but I am framiliar with aspect ratios. A 16X10 resolution just stretch and distort the picture vertically. You would need to increase both the width and the length or zoom in on the picture. Either will cause you to loose part of the picture on the sides.

el said:
maybe with media player and ffdshow you could improve quality too. just do a google with ffdshow and follow the tutorial at afterdawn. Me thinks it was at afterdawn.
I don't think ffdshow will help me achieve what I want. I play the movies from 1:1 copies of the discs. I don't want to go through and change all of my files to mpegs.

go to settings -> preferences -> click video, where it says source aspect ratio, put in 16:10 and see if that works for you

That didn't work. I tried messing with some other stuff. I set the source as 16:10 and crop as 16:10 but that only made the menu screen use all the pixels.

Back