• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help badly with bios settings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

timboiboytoi

Registered
Ok so my pc Is unstable I crash all the time and its getting anyoying. I have played with the voltages and the fsb to no end with the same results.. random crashing. Sometimes it will be fine for days sometimes it will crash 5 times in a day. I am having no problems at all with temps .. at full load my cpu barely goes past 40 and my gpu around 50ish. My chipset also has an aftermarket fan and heatsink and stays cool. So here is my system details.

DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D mobo
Aspire 500w psu
AMD Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego
XFX Geforce 7800GT 256MB pci express
CORSAIR XMS 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR 400 (PC 3200)

And here is my bios settings please give me some suggestions on what im doing wrong here...

0823062358.jpg

0823062359.jpg

Well I found out over at dfi street im running just about the worst power supply possible for my system.. so I have a OCZ GameXStream 700w on the way hopefully that will straighten things up ... but any suggestions on my bios settings?

Good odds the OCZ PSU will take care of your problems. I'm going SLI so I upgraded from the OCZpowerstream 520watt to the GameXstream 700 watt

Your core voltage seems very high. I would try backing off to no more than 1.6 volts. I run a 3700+ on the Ultra-D at 1.55 volts and FSB's of 264 (2.9 GHz)

Also, If you don't plan on running higher FSB than 250 MHz you can change the LTD/FSB ratio to 4.0 Getting the hypertransport bus to close to 1000 (4x250) as possible is the target.

That is probably not the problem, but I thought you'd like to know.

Back