• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Picking a New Case.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nimps

I have a heavily modified Lian Li PC60 case that I bought 6 years ago while in highschool and regularly lanning. I'm looking for something with more space to work with inside and room for 6+ hard drives. I'd like something aluminum so that it's still somewhat light (I take it to my lakehouse nearly every weekend which involves 2 flights of stairs). At first I was looking at the Stacker 830, but after reading about it I don't think it's worth it. I don't have a problem paying around $300 for a case aslong as I can justify it. I'm leaning towards the original stacker or one of the silverstone cases. I like simple clean looking cases, it doesn't matter too much either way, but I'd rather not have something bright red/green with snake fangs or something on it.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I don't change cases often, so BTX support would be a plus but not a deal breaker. I'm running aircooling, but being able to watercool eventually without heavy modding would be great, that and something with some sort of filter to keep dust out.

BTX is on thin ice so to speak. While Intel will tell you BTX is the future and everyoen will have it, thats not really the case at the moment. Dell and Gateway use some BTX cases in higher end models and there are several on the market for purchase but they are not taking off like Intel claims. Motherboard manufacturers are not jumping on the BTX bandwagon. Instead people just install ATX boards in the BTX case upside down..

I have an Akasa case and think its the best case I have ever used. Its very hard to find in the US and its a little expensive.. Antec also makes some nice cases.

Back